Prologue

" Goodnight Lo..." Ciel said sleepily after I had finished my normal routine of tucking him in.

" Goodnight Ciel.. Happy Birthday..." I whispered back watching as his heavy eye lids slowly close before getting up to leave.

As soon as I stepped out into the dark hallway I sensed something was terribly wrong.

I quickly headed for my masters study. That's when I smelled smoke.

Taking off at a sprint, when I reached the study half the manor was already ingulfed in flames. "Master!" I called, shamefully forgetting young Ciel peacefully sleeping in his room and pburst through the study door. My master was trapped.

"Lo! Get out! Get out of here!" He yelled, the mistress nowhere in sight.

" I won't leave you!" I yelled over the roaring of the flames.

" Get out! Find Rachel and Ciel! Make sure they're safe! They should be out by now!"

" I'm coming to get you!" I retorted making my way around the smoldering funiture. But when I reached him I felt arms wrap around me and I was hung out the window with him gripping my hands.

"Find them." Was all he said before he dropped me, tears streaming down my face, his out reached hands the last thing I see before darkness takes me....