Chapter 13

"Is this what you wanted?" I asked holding up a menacing dog skull. We where in the basement of Berrymore Castle, snooping around for objects Ciel had sent us to get.

"Ah yes! Thank you love." He said, putting it in the pile of stuff he had been rounding up.

I began to think again about the dream I had, Sebastian had skewered me with a strange green sword .. though he looked far different than that of is current form, I knew it was him, some how.. Could this really have been a memory? Or was it really just a crazy dream?

"Say, Sebastian..?"

"Yes?"

"What is Læv-... What?" In the middle of my question his face grew hard, something in the air had shifted..

"Come, the young master needs me." He said, taking my hand as we did what we do best, rushed to our young Phantomhive's side.

~*~

We landed defensively in front of Ciel and the others who were currently tied up in restraints, surrounded by snarling vicious dogs in which Sebastian swatted away like flies.

"You're late.." He snapped at Sebastian as though none of this were even happening.

"My apologies." He answered adjusting his sleeves. The dogs had gotten back up and were shaking off the dirt, growling in harsh, unsettling tones.

"Well what are you waiting for?! Kill them too!" Barrymore commanded, how rude.. is this anyway to treat guests?

"What noisy, coarse voices.." Sebastian snarled with disgust as the dogs inched closer, I couldn't see what happened from behind him but suddenly the dogs cowered in submission, whimpering with their tails between their legs.

"What happened!?" Barrymore shouted, startled the crowd of angry villagers took a step back.

"Your game ends here Barrymore!" Sebastian declared, sending him a scowl. I watched as usual as the boy and butler pair did things even the worlds greatest detectives couldn't, though with Sebastian's demon nature it made sense..

"People of the village listen to me! There is no Demon Hound! Only a pathetic old man obsessed with power!" Ciel announced, the crowd became very still, listening closely to what the strange visitor had to say.

"Now.. Where do you get that..?" Barrymore muttered, at a loss for words, his nervousness clear in his face.

"This." Sebastian said, holding up the dog skull that we had found. "It was in the basement of your manor. I've already confirmed the teeth marks match the ones on James." He said, the crowd gasped, a few scowling at Barrymore. Sebastian stood up, pointing to the sky behind them. "Behold, the Demon Hounds true form. His shadow is nothing but a projection, just a transparent trick. The Demon Hound is nothing but an illusion produced by a single person." Sebastian explained with a satisfied smirk.

"And that person is you, Henry Barrymore." Ciel said, a blank look on his face as if he were bored.

"Nonsense! Where's the proof?!" Barrymore exclaimed defensively, stepping back a few feet only to be stopped by the crowd.

Sebastian crouched down next to a blooded and bitten dog who had been holding something in his teeth for quite a while. "Here, give it to me. Your job is done." He consoled to the dying dog who let go of the fabric with a slight whimper. "It's a fine cloth, there's a reason he was so desperate to hang on to it till the very end.." He said, holding it out for them to see.

"T-that's-!" Barrymore stuttered.

"Yes, it's a scrap of your trousers, from when he bit your leg trying to protect James." Sebastian almost growled.

"You killed James!" Someone from the crowd yelled.

"You tricked us!" Yelled another.

"Give it up! You're finished!" Ciel exclaimed as the crowd picked up Barrymore, carrying him away while chanting, 'You killed James, You killed James!'

What a horrible, savage village..

~*~

We were back in Ciel's room, packing his bags and getting him ready for bed.

"Case closed, hm?" Ciel said from the window as he watched the rain. "Lets leave when the rain lets up.." He said as I started to take off his coat, though my mind was elsewhere.. Something still felt wrong.. It was that woman Angela, she wasn't a victim in any of this.. I didn't think we should be leaving so quickly..

~*~

Once Ciel was fast asleep we exited the room. I slowly shut the door behind me as Sebastian waited.

"You're worried." He said suddenly, looking at me with confusion and interest.

"No... I'm just not fond of the people here.." I said slowly, walking slightly ahead of him.

"And by people you mean Angela.." He said with a raised eyebrow, smirking slightly.

"But doesn't she seem at least a little suspicious? The whole village has been affected by this scam! And where has she been all day hmm? Her own master was the culprit and she's no where to be fou-" Sebastian covered my mouth just before we turned into a corridor, where Angela herself was standing. Watching the rainy, night sky through the window.

~*~

Hello my dear sweet readers who have been patiently waiting for me to get off my lazy ass and write!! I've had this stored in my works for so long but I still felt it was unfinished! But what the heck you've been waiting long enough! Please don't eat me!! Thank you guys for the sweet comments and feed back! They encouraged me to get off my butt and start writing again! I was almost just about to stop and disappear.. -_-" Anyway Thank you guys so so much for reading! (Though I doubt any of you actually read this [leave a comment if you do!]) I'll see you guys in the next chapter!            ☆〜(ゝ。