Chapter 14

"Luis..."

"I'm only saying I have a feeling..."

"Yes my dear but incase you've forgotten you haven't been sleeping.. Your judgement isn't at its best.." He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. I shot Sebastian a hard look as we were making our way back to Ciel's room.

Just before I opened my mouth to retort, the sound of frantic footsteps echoed though the corridor.

"Oi! Sebastian! There's a man downstairs! He says the bloody demon hounds back! That he got Barrymore!" Bard explained, bent over his knees out of breath.

I looked towards Sebastian. "My judgement is impaired is it?" I asked crossing my arms and cocking my head to the side accusingly. He only pursed his lips at me, turning on his heal to fetch the young master.

~*~

We found ourselves, again, at the now blood splattered brick wall.. The crowd crouched in the dirt, that was slowly turning to mud around the mutilated body of Henry Barrymore. They chanted their bone chilling verses;

"A white dog is a good dog a good dog good.. A black dog is a bad dog a bad dog bad..He'll eat your flesh down to the bone, down to the bone. He'll gobble you up until you're gone, until you're gone."

It was truly a sickening sight..

What... A horrible... Heartless village...

I scanned over the crowd.. There were children in this crowd.. How can a parent raise a child in a place like this..? How can a person sit by their child.. As they pray to their demon over a mangled, dead body.. And still be able to call themselves a parent..?

I felt a small tug on my sleeve, ripping me from my thoughts that I was unaware had taken over me.

My gaze shifted to see Ciel clutching a small amount of the fabric in his shaking hand, though the rest of his body was still.. His face void of fear and emotion. I quickly and discretely squeezed his hand and let go.

Sebastian stepped forward examining the body, raising what used to be his right arm, now severed at the elbow.

"Great demon hound! Great demon hound forgive us!" Someone called from the crowd. Suddenly Angela fell to the ground unconscious.

"Angela!" Finny exclaimed, rushing to her side.

~*~

"It's a shame, Young Master, after you'd already declared the case was closed..." Sebastian smirked, bringing a bent finger to his lips to hide a chuckle.

"Shut up. Where is Angela?" Ciel asked, glancing around the room for the missing maid.

"I put her to bed for now, but she seems very tired yes, it's too painful to watch.." Mey-rin answered in a sad, tired voice.

I put my head down, starring at my hands, I must be missing something.. How can they be so concerned for this maid, while I sit, for some odd reason, wishing she has been in Lord Barrymore's place..? I am not a hateful person.. But why is hate not a strong enough word to describe the churning in my stomach every time I hear her name?

"This village was completely isolated from the rest of society out of fear of the demon hound's curse.. I thought we established that the hound was faked by Lord Henry so that he could rule here. But now Lord Henry has..." Ciel sighed, closing his eyes to think, something I recognized from his father.