Chapter 9

I didn't end up sleeping that night, I spent it sorting though everything in that room, though before the sun came up I went back to my room to get into uniform before going to start Ciel's breakfast, Sebastian and I had set it up so we alternate who makes breakfast and who wakes him up.

Mey-rin and Finny walked drowsily into the kitchen shortly after I had gotten started, mumbling their good mornings. I was placing Ciel's choices on the cart when Finny chimed in.

"You're awfully quiet this morning Miss. Lo, is something the matter?" He asked sweetly a concerned look on his face.

"Oh, no nothing I didn't sleep too well last night is all." I said forcing a smile. "Help yourselves to what's left." I said as I wheeled the cart from the room. The other servants always love the mornings I cook for Ciel, I always 'accidentally' make too much.

~*~

When I walked in Sebastian was gently shaking a grumbling lump under the covers, the curtains already drawn, letting in the bright morning sun

"Young master, it's time to wake up now." Sebastian said sounding a bit impatient, only earning silence from the sleeping lump.

"Let him sleep, he had a rough night." I said placing my hand lightly over Sebastian's to stop him. He gave me a look of displeasure but backed away closing the curtains.

"Alright.. but don't expect such slack tomorrow.." He said sternly. I gave him a smile of thanks before pulling the covers from Ciel's face, kissing his head and brushing my fingers through his hair.

~*~

"We can make today a cleaning day, its a lovely day we can open the doors and windows and have a sort of spring cleaning." I suggested as Sebastian and I made our way back to the servants quarters.

"That sounds like a brilliant idea." He said kindly, opening the door for me, revealing the four slacking servants.
"Alright you lot lets get to work! Make this manor shine like it never has before!" Sebastian declared passionately as the servants saluted him.

"Yes sir!" They all chimed in unison, splitting up to each of their duties.

"If you work on the top story and I work on the bottom we can meet in the middle and finish there." I said grabbing a bucket, mop and scrubber so I could clean all of the floors. Sebastian nodded with a gentle smile before leaving to take care of his business.

I watched him leave, something had been eating at me since last night.. Why would he remind me of my past love if he loved me himself? Why would he care about me in the first place? I'm just a random girl who showed up a few weeks ago.

Though what about my feelings for him? Something about him was dragging me in.. But my mind is so clouded right now it's not like I'd have any room.. I just need to focus on being there for Ciel. Nothing more.

I headed towards the Ballroom, I wanted to get the biggest job done first. I set down the supplies on the dusty tile floor, looking around. There was a record player on the opposite side of the room.

~*~

I found myself in the room Sebastian had showed me, sifting through the box of records pulling one with the least amount of scratches, and headed back to the Ballroom.

I placed the record on the player and moved the needle to it a beautiful piano erupting from the horn. I smiled and got back to work. I pulled my sleeves back and started scrubbing the checkered floor, throwing my boots the the wall so they wouldn't mess up my work.

I got to thinking in the peaceful room, this was where I spent most of my time when I was younger, here and the garden. Tanaka taught me how to Waltz in here, he stood me on his toes like a father would his daughter and we twirled around the room laughing and enjoying ourselves.