Chapter 17

I sat with my back against the stone gate. As far away from that manor as possible.. Why would he do something like this? Why did it matter to him so much that I had been seeing Sebastian?

On another note.. The look in his eyes.. How my words stung him.. I felt guilt slowly building in the pit of my stomach.. Suddenly I heard the crunching of feet on grass approaching.

"Miss. Lo..? I know you probably don't want to see anybody.. But I just wanted to know if you just needed someone.. To talk to maybe..?" I heard Finny's sweet voice ask. We locked eyes, and I forced the sides of my mouth to perk up a bit.

"I won't ramble on about my problems.. But it would be nice to have company.." I said, allowing him to sit down next to me. We sat in silence for a moment until Finny decided to break it.

"If you don't mind me asking.. I noticed you hadn't had any night terrors the past couple of nights.. What happened?" He asked shyly, picking at the grass below him.

"I hope you don't think ill of me.. but Sebastian had been staying in the bed with me the past few nights.. Something about him must soothe me I guess.." I said, remembering what it felt like to be held by him, oh what I would give to have that right now..

"I don't think badly of you Miss. Lo.. None of us knew you two were together.. But by the way you spoke to the young master.. You're obviously very passionate about him.." He said, giving me a smile. I felt the backs of my eyes burn, what was Ciel doing right now? Of course I was angry with him but..

"Finny.. Do you think I was out of line..? Speaking to him that way?" I asked, twisting a loose thread on the hem of my dress.

"I think you were angry.. A lot of us can say terrible things when we're angry.. Things we don't mean, but are how we're really feeling.." He said. "We all know how much you love the young master.. and we all know how much he loves you.. He was very upset after you left.. He yelled and slammed the door.." He said, sadness taking him as he thought back at what had transpired..

"Might have just lost the two most important people to me in one day.. huh?" I said, forcing a stale laugh so I wouldn't cry.

~*~

Night had fallen. I was lying in my bed all alone.. Sebastian and I had only been sharing a bed for such a short while.. But it felt so natural it felt almost wrong without it.

There was a knock at my door, I sprang to life thinking of who it could be, but once I got to the door I was throughly disappointed. Bard was at the door..

"Sebastian told me to give you this.." He said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. My heart leapt, he was holding out a piece of paper, the possibility of its contents exciting me. Bard turned and left, leaving me alone again.

I quickly unfolded the paper, my heart pounding. But once I had it open.. it sank.. It had only been my list of chores for tomorrow.. I sat down heavily on the bed with a sigh. I set the paper down on the nightstand next to me, then laid back against my pillows.

It was my turn to tuck in Ciel tonight.. but I figured he didn't want to see me either.. My mind was wrapped up in replaying today's events over and over in my mind.. and before I knew it I slipped into a restless sleep..

Gasps. The sound of lips and naked bodies colliding. Extended canines, hidden behind locked lips. I could see bleeding claw marks down his back.. Those of which a me who wasn't me had made.. This was a memory.. It was fuzzy.. and vague.. I watched as he bit deep into my collarbone with his canines, leaving a deep mark along with a dark silhouette of a raven..

"This mark.. Now binds you to me.. For eternity.. You are my mate.. My right hand.. My everything.. My unbreakable vow.." He whispered. "I give you my existence.. everything I am.. I promise to be loyal to you, and if we're ever to be separated.. I will find you.. Whatever it takes.." His voice was like a comforting blanket, so familiar and warm..

Sebastian..

I then felt like I was falling, this perfect image, the emotion behind his eyes, the way we fit so perfectly.. Was fading.. And then..

Chaos..

~*~

I woke up screaming, crying, my lungs burned, Finny had shaken me awake, he was shouting my name, the other servants behind him, all but Sebastian.. Waiting to help me..

I just looked at them, they calmed down as they realized I was awake.. There was silence for a moment.. Before I just let myself cry, shaking, jolting, stomach twisting sobs. My connection to Sebastian, as I had been feeling.. was so, so much deeper than I could have imagined.. But he had been torn from me.. twice now..

Finny sat on my bed, wiping my eyes with the towel they had brought in case I had thrown up.. but I didn't this time.. This was a new dream I wish I hadn't had above all of the others..

Finny's POV

She cried for a good half hour until she started to calm down.. "I'm going to get her some water.." I said to Mey-rin, letting her take my place.

As I left the room I noticed a figure standing next to the doorway, I turned to see the young master.. I closed the door.

"She's having the terrors again.." He said, sadness overwhelming his voice.

"Yes master.." I said.

"She's still crying.." He said, watching the door and listening closely to her hiccups and sniffles..

"If you don't mind me asking young master.. Why did you split them up?" I asked timidly.

"He doesn't deserve her.. Lo deserves the best.. Someone who will take care of her.. Sebastian isn't even capable of love.." He said with a bitter tone to his voice.

"If you don't mind me saying.. I don't think that's for you to decide.. If they're happy.. and you love Lo.. Does your opinion really matter?" I asked. He fell silent. Turning on his heal and retreating back to his room.