Chapter 18

"I don't want to talk to him.." I said, trying my hardest to brush Finny off my back, scuttling around trying to get my chores done so that I could have an excuse.

"But Miss. Lo! It's been 3 days! You didn't see him! If you just talk it out I'm sure-" But I cut him off..

"I don't have anything to say to him alright? End of story." I said, throwing wet bedsheets into a basket to take outside. Finny only followed.

"But Miss. Lo! You need him! Both of them you can't just push it away!" He said, his wining becoming very stern and serious. I pursed my lips and sighed, rolling my eyes as I shook my head in frustration.

~*~

I had heard that Ciel and Sebastian had gone out for a bit, which gave me some time that I could swiftly do some cleaning on that side of the manor.. Though perfectly capable Sebastian wasn't much for maid duties..

I reached Ciel's office, I was shocked.. Not a bit of his paper work had been touched.. It was piling up higher than I'd ever seen it.. His desk was a mess, there were random pens and other objects in scattered areas of the floor, they looked like they'd been thrown..

Once I made my away around the desk after picking up the scattered objects and rearranging his desk back to its original state, I found that there was one drawer ajar.. It looked as if it had been frantically shut because there was a corner of what looked like a photo album sticking out of it.

I opened it the rest of the way and retrieved the book that wouldn't let it close.. I was correct, it was a photo album. Pictures of his parents and him filled it pages, I flipped though finding some of Lizzie and Edward as they grew up together.. But as I was walking through this memory lane I felt something fall and hit my foot..

I bent down to retrieve it to find that it was me, holding a little Ciel as he pointed at the stars above him as we stood in that balcony.. Our backs were to the camera, such a natural moment.. a sweet simple moment captured forever on this little piece of paper..

I remembered this day.. Tanaka had taken this photo.. The Earl and his wife had gone on a trip, Ciel had refused to go to sleep so I took him to the balcony in an attempt to just walk him around so he would go to sleep.. He then started watching the stars, getting excited when he found Little Dipper.. He started pointing out all the constellations he knew, because I had taught him..

I remember thinking 'he's going to be smart.. Like his father.. which means he'll be trouble..'

The edges were crinkled, it had obviously been handled quite a bit.. Upon attempting to put this photo back I found that it was the only one in this condition.. and the only one of him and I.. My heart felt heavy.. I was angry with him.. But he is just a boy.. A boy who needs me..

I put the picture back in it's proper place and placed the album back in the drawer with a sigh.. I must have been reminiscing too long because I heard a knock at the door as Finny let me know that Ciel and Sebastian had returned.

As I made my way down the stairs I caught a glimpse of the two of them. Ciel was being carried by Sebastian and he looked awful..

"Sebastian.. What's happened?" I asked frantically.

"Well if you had been mature enough to actually fulfill your duties as a nanny you'd know.. He fell ill just yesterday.." He said in a cold, aggravated tone. That struck something in me, struck it the wrong way..