Chapter 7

"What!?" Ciel yelled causing me to jump, almost spilling the tea I was pouring for him.

A few days had passed since the party at the Viscounts, we were confident the murders had stopped once he was hauled off.

I was happily sporting the new uniform Ciels tailor had fashioned for me just yesterday, it had long flared sleeves and a short skirt which flowed into a short tail in the back. It had a corset style ribbon laced in the front bordered with white lace, leading down to the frilly white trim. I was also instructed to wear tall black combat boots with lace rimmed socks that Mey-rin let me borrow.

I felt Sebastian adjust the bonnet tied in my hair as I mixed in the sugar for Ciel's tea. The two of us were on much better terms than where we left off with that night, he kept his word on giving me my space, which made being around him much more enjoyable.

" The Viscount didn't go anywhere that night!" Ciel shouted as I handed him his tea.

"Jack the Ripper strikes again." I read out loud earning a sharp glare from Ciel. I stuck my tongue out at him in retaliation, Sebastian saw it and gave me a look of warning which I just rolled my eyes at.

"Miss. Luis and I will begin dinner preparations.." Sebastian announced passing me as he wheeled the tea cart out of the room. "Meet me in the kitchen.. please.." He said with annoyance laced in his voice.

Ciel gave me a questioning look after Sebastian shut the door behind him, I shrugged and turned to follow him out, opening the door to find he was already gone. 'That's odd...' I thought 'He shouldn't even be halfway down the stairs...' Though I shrugged it off, Sebastian was odd its probably best not to wonder.

~~*~~

Once I reached the kitchen Sebastian was mixing a bowl of what looked to be some form of sauce, his tail coat missing with his sleeves rolled back exposing his toned forearms.

"You need to start treating the young master with some respect... You're a servant not a playmate..." He said not even looking up from his task.

"Sebastian he's a boy trying to take on the role of an adult, an Earl no less! He needs to lighten up he should still be running and playing with friends, loved by his parents and family, he should still be a child.." I said tying my apron and pushing back my sleeves.

"Luis he's not the same little boy you left tucked into bed, he has large shoes to fill whether he's a child or not he's still an Earl." He sighed and turned to look at me. "... I understand your concerns but can you at least refrain from acting foolish in front of guests?" He asked politely looking into my eyes. It was then I noticed the splash of whatever he was mixing on his cheek, I giggled.

"I'll try." I said with a laugh leaning in to wipe his cheek. He stared at me with the look of comfort and happiness in his eyes, we stayed like that until Bard burst into the room with Mey-rin and Finny in tow.

"Are we uh... interuptin' somethin'?" Bard asked freezing where he was.

"Oh! No sorry..we were just talking.." I said flinching back, a hint of blush illuminating my cheeks. Sebastian and Bard looked like they were having a stare off when suddenly I felt a hand under my chin.

"Lo would you taste this for me....?" Sebastian asked delicately placing a spoon in my mouth of the sauce he was mixing when I came in. I heard a grunting nose from Bard.

"It needs a dash of salt." I said dully, pulling away from him. Turning my back on a taken back Sebastian. "I'll go set the table." I said as I grabbed the table cloth, closing the door on Baldroy's mocking laughter.... Followed by a loud yelp..

~~*~~

After dinner everyone returned to the study, "The population of London is alone is 4.5 million, which swells during the season." Ciel said gesturing to the stack of papers by hitting them with the back of his hand.

"Still on that are you? Come on take a break and play a game of this!" Madam Red said holding up an old chess board.

"The chess set eh? That takes me back.." Ciel said as she opened the board, revealing the pieces.

"Doesn't it just? I got it out of the store room before we left! Now break time, break time! Grelle see to the tea!" Madam Red said excitedly as she pushed Ciels paperwork of the desk.

"So how is butler training going?.." I asked sliding up next to Sebastian, watching Grelle poor tea for Madam Red and Ciel. Sebastian was about to open his mouth to speak when-

"BLEEEEHHH!!!! HOW CAN HERBAL TEA BE SALTY?!?!? AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A BUTLER!?!?!!?"

"Even so I am still a butler for sure!!" Grell cried, quickly getting rid of the tea. Sebastian gave me a look like ' that's how...' and turned back to his papers.

"Miss. Luis could you give me the papers the Madam so graciously pushed to the floor?..." Sebastian asked glancing over his shoulder. I nodded and sat on the floor next to Madam Red as I re-organized the papers zoning out on Ciel and the Madam's conversation.

"Now if you'll excuse me." I heard Ciel say after a while, looking up to see him kissing his aunts cheek. "Its been fun Madam."

"I wont lose next time Ciel." She said with a smile.

"Goodnight." He said passing Grelle who had brought more tea.

"Why must he... why must that small child harbor something so heartbreaking and painful?" Madam asked after he left. I stood up making her jump a bit, and handed Sebastian the papers earning a nod of thanks.

"I suppose he'll keep going even if I try and stop him... I couldn't be there for him even when he was suffering most..." She said starring at the chess board in front of her, lost in thought. I looked at Sebastian about to tell him I was leaving to go get Ciel ready for bed, but before I even opened my mouth he nodded in understanding. I stood shocked for a moment before slowly turning out the door. As I did I heard Madam Red speak.

" Sebastian.. I know I shouldn't ask you of this when we barely know each other... but please don't ever leave is side..." She pleaded resting her forehead on her laced hands. I stopped in the dark hallway looking over my shoulder to see Sebastian on one knee, hand over his heart.

"Yes... I shall stay by his side till the very end." Something about him made my gaze linger on the scene...

Lightning flashed furiously through the large windows breaking me from my trance.

"What a frightful night it would seem a storm is brewing..." Lau said in a dark tone, his dark eyes open, gazing out the window to the dark woods beyond...

It was sure to be a dark night indeed..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait.. And so sorry for the super short chapters (ToT)/~~~ .... Thank you for all the feedback on my post. I will be writing a lemon but it won't be extremely soon as you can probably tell I'm kind of slow when it comes to romances.. I prefer to have a deeper character depth before getting to things like that. Oh! And for any wondering her name is pronounced
(Lu-E-s) I guess I can't really explain in type.. but it's not Louis (Loo-is) like a boy and its not Louise
(Lu-ease) you pronounce the E sound very... Prominently?.. And short.. I don't know..

But thank you guys so much for reading and I WILL update very very soon bye! ☆〜(ゝ。