The Prediction

A/N – This is a bit different once again, it has a bit of Geordie slang in this story. So feel free to ask me if there is something you don’t quite get, I am hoping you will still enjoy it. :0)

 …………………………………………………………………………………………..

I have always been a sceptical person, I don’t believe in god, ghosts or any other invisible or mysterious beings. I am not superstitious either, I walk under ladders and I step on the cracks in the pavement almost on purpose to prove that nothing will happen and that I certainly won’t break my back if I stand on a crack.

I am the kind of person who until they see it with their own eyes, are unwilling to believe it’s real. Which is strange because when I read a book I am the complete opposite. I love stories that take me to another world one in which it’s easy to believe that another world might just be real.

Let me give you a few examples James Herbert’s Once, an adult story about the erotic lives of humans and fairies, quite a hot read. Or let’s take Harry Potter for example who’s to say we aren’t muggles and Harry isn’t off gallivanting around the city right next to you? Or Celia Rees the Witch Child, set in Salem when the first puritans came to America, she was able to cast spells that almost had her put to death.

In reality I know that none of this is true, humans are far too nosy for fairies to be flying around without being caught in a net. Or for Harry Potter to be flying around on a broom without setting off some radar that the army has set up for incoming aircraft. I also know that the witch was probably just a good doctor and those loopy puritans were just stupid and decided to call her the bloody devil.

Anyway back to my point, although I can disappear into another world while reading I am very dubious in real life. So that is why I am questioning my own sanity as I am sitting in a hall with my two mates Nathan and Olivia or Ollie for short. The room was full to the brim with suckers who had willingly paid to come and be told by a so called ‘psychic’ what their future would hold.

I on the other hand had been dragged, Ollie had paid the fee for me and told me I had no choice. I tried kicking and screaming but Nathan gave me that look so I shut up and went. Nathan has the hot’s for Ollie and was trying to stay in her good books, I thought his infatuation was gross as we had all been friends since we were in nappies. We were almost like siblings, urgh whatever turns you on and that??!

Myself I wanted a nice, slim, tall dark and handsome man. I wanted him right between my legs, oh yes that would be nice, maybe this Mystic Meg guy could teleport one right here for me hmmm that would be class. I wanted to sit at the back of the room but Ollie had dragged us to the front row so now I was sitting low in my seat in the hopes that I would blend in and not be picked out.

I have the shittest luck in the world though and I should have been ready when this guy came on the stage and looked straight at me. He turned to the crowd to welcome everyone but he had a funny look on his face and I knew he wasn’t done with me yet.

He started pulling people from the crowd and started telling them about either their futures or about people that they have lost. I thought that was pretty sick to get their hopes up like that, some people were actually sobbing at the news that their lost love ones were here with them. Oh yeah like the dead would choose to hang around a bloody sports hall, in a rundown school in the dodgy end of Newcastle.

If it was me like I’d have gone straight to whatever heaven is and I’d be lounging around on the nearest beach drinking bottles of beer while I munched on ice cream. Yup, I’d miss my family of course but I am sure they’d be enjoying themselves without my sarky arse hanging around them anymore.