Drama Queen!

Part 2: Shade of Green

Today was a good day, I usually hate my job and my lovely boyfriend Mark always has to put up with my stream of profanities when I get home. Today however we had a new guy start, his name is Kieran and he’s a little cutie but more than that he is hilarious and it made the day go so fast. I like that fact because it meant I got back home to Mark much faster and this time I didn’t have to make him listen to my moaning.

When I got in he was waiting for me and he seemed shocked when my customary tirade didn’t come and I smiled internally he was so good to me. I climbed up onto his lap and put a status on Facebook partially to be cute and tell everyone I was cooking for him but mostly to remind everyone that Mark was my man.

After dinner I told him all about my day he seemed happy that I had friends at work that would make my days better and I loved him for that. Mark was never the jealous type he knew how much I loved him so there was never any need for it. I told him how Kieran had come into the group and fitted perfectly, his joking around and comic nature made him instantly likable.

In all honesty I was looking forward to getting to know him more he had the ability to capture the attention of the whole room and keep it as he told his stories. Kieran was a little younger than me at twenty two, he was tall and slim and had a mop of brown hair on his head. Overall just my type but I had Mark and I was very happy so I just wanted to get to know him more as a friend.

As the weeks went on I spent a lot of time doing just that. I had given Kieran my number and we texted a lot or talked over the internet on Facebook, I guess some of the things Kieran came out with could be pretty inappropriate so I added a lock to my phone so it didn’t hurt Mark’s feelings. When Mark discovered the lock though he looked hurt anyway which wasn’t my intention so I lied and told him someone had been fraping me at work.

Kieran knew I was taken and I think he thought it was just a big joke but some of the things he said however funny, would make Mark question my loyalty to him and I wouldn’t cheat – ever. On the night Mark took me for an Italian and found the lock I tried to cheer him up by telling him some of the jokes Kieran had come out with this week. I wasn’t sure if he found them funny though because he rarely laughed and I am sure I caught an eye roll at one point which isn’t like him?

I got home after the meal and went straight onto my phone as I had several texts and missed calls from Kieran. Mark put on the TV and continued talking about our plans to go away next week and I nodded and agreed with everything he said, it would be nice to spend some time together. Kieran continued to text me for the rest of the evening and when I told him it was time for bed he asked me if he could join me, I replied laughing telling him he was being naughty. He responded by saying he would love to get naughty with me, this made me blush so I quickly said my goodnight and turned my phone off.

On Monday my boss gave me a new project to complete, he told me I had to work with Kieran so that he could learn the ropes a bit better. I was happy to do that I liked Kieran but this meant long hours at work and my weekend with Mark may not happen. He would be upset because I don’t normally have to do projects but it would be nice to change things up a bit at work so I am not going to argue.

When I told Mark the reason why I was working late he looked sceptical as if I wasn’t telling the full truth. I was confused by this I had no reason to lie to him so I couldn’t understand his cynical behaviour. The weekend was indeed cancelled and Mark wasn’t very happy at all so I promised to try and get through the work as quickly as possible. I told him I would be back and we could get a takeaway and curl up together and I was genuinely looking forward to it, I loved being the little spoon with his warmth encompassing me.