Shut up!

I don’t know what is worse, the fact that I have to stay behind at work another hour to finish up or that the work will only take another hour and I will have to go back home to my boyfriend Dean? You may be thinking that is a little harsh and you’d be forgiven for thinking that because you don’t know what he is like, anyone would sharp change their tunes once they got to know him.

I sat back in my chair sighing as I watched all of my colleagues go home for the night, bright happy smiles on their faces. When the automatic lights went off around me I sighed again, not even the bloody building takes notice of me.

“I am still here!” I spoke to no one.

I shifted in my seat ready to take on the last bit of work that I had left and the lights came back on, now they were just mocking me. I began to type away and not moments later they went back off again, groaning I tried to ignore it and carried on with my work scribbling and typing away with just the light from my pc.

I tried to drag out the work as much as possible but in the end it only took me the hour that I had predicted so I unwillingly packed up and left work. Climbing in my car I threw my satchel into the passenger side and turned on the engine, I relaxed as the red hot chilli peppers blasted out of my speakers and I reversed and pulled away from work. Humming along to the music I was lost in my own world so when I pulled up outside my house I groaned, I had meant to drag the ride out longer but it only took me ten minutes.

I looked up to see if I would get away with driving away and going round the block a few times but I could see Dean looking at me through the window. I turned the engine back off and grabbed my bag, then I stepped out of the car and locked the door behind me taking a few deep breaths to ready myself.

“Well best get it over with.” I groaned to myself.

I walked in the door, hung up my coat and bag and took off my shoes. When I looked up Dean was leaning against the doorframe looking at me curiously. This was weird he has usually started by now and what’s with the curious glaring? Maybe I would get a night off, I smiled hoping this would help and his mouth turned up in response for a fraction of a second.

“I made tea but you’re late so it’s cold now.” He said.

 “Sorry I was forced to stay back an hour Mike wanted a report finished, I called but there was no answer.” I shrugged.

“Well baby I slaved really hard making your tea and now it’s ruined.” He whined as I walked into the kitchen.

“Slaved?” I said looking at the turkey drummers and chips.

“Yeah I even burnt my wrist on the oven.” He frowned looking at the burn. “I bet you don’t even eat it.”

“It will be fine ok Dean of course I will eat it there is no need to stress out.” I said holding in my sigh.

I put my tea into the microwave and turned to the fridge to get out a Corona, I love Corona if only everything in life could be as smooth and easy to swallow as beer was.

“Drinking again Fraser?” He asked.

“Just one or two, I have work tomorrow.” I smirked internally knowing exactly where he was going.

“Baby why don’t you ever think of me, you know I don’t like it when you drink so much.” He moaned.

“Dean it will be ok. I am grown man I can handle a beer or two will you stop fretting.” I almost snapped.

The microwave went off and I removed my plate and took it along with my beer to the dining room, sitting down I covered it in HP sauce and dug in. I knew it would be ok and if it wasn’t the sauce drowned out the taste anyway so I wasn’t sure why he was so hyped up about it, it’s not as if it’s an al a carte four course meal?!