Chapter 2

~~~Sapphire's POV~~~

Zzzz.  Yes, my dear, is the sound of me sleeping.  Hey, do you blame me?  It's almost spring break.  I can relax.  Soon  I hear a loun yell in my ear.  My eyes shot wide open.  Just to find myself looking at my youngest brother, Steven.

"STEVEN!!!" I yelled.  As soon as he heard me yell, he sped off.  Ugg, I really don't like running.  "I will get you back!"

"What did he do this time?" my oldest brother, Sean, says coming in.  he is the brother i can trust to tell ANYTHING, and he will be there for me.  In fact, me and Steven live with him.  Our parents died when Steven was just a baby.  So Sean was already living away from home, and Steven and I cannot take care of ourselves.  Sean took us into his home (more of an apartment) to stay there until we get older and take off to live a life of our own.  But since the day he took us in, I have been sleeping on the couch, which looks much more comfier than it looks.

"Woke me up," I said groaning.

"You know him.  He will do anything to bother you," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, shut up," I said punching him slightly in a playful mood.  Then turning over to fall asleep, he decided to talk again.

"Yo, Sapphire. Don't mean to bother your "beauty sleep," but aren't you supposed to be meeting up with Jade to go to the mall."

Oh, crap.  I totally forgot.  Jade was my best friend, and to get off my brother's hand for a while, I was going to stay at her house over spring break.  I jumped up to see what I should wear.  Ugg, I have nothing GOOD to wear.  But that's why we're going shopping.  Finally I settled with a gray tank top with a checkered shirt over the top of it and my short shorts.  As soon as I got changed, I ran back into the living room to ask Sean, "Hey could you drive me?"  Yes, I am 16, and I can't drive.

"Sure, Sapphire,"  he said simply.  But then he said to me in hurry before I could go get my socks and shoes, "Hey, are you still staying over at Jade's this Spring Break?"

"Yeah.  So that there is one less person to take care of for a week."

"You do know, I don't mind having you here.  You're my little sister.  I know what you're feeling, and you need someone you can lean on."

"Thanks, bro.  But I am always cooped up in the house all day.  It's time to do what most 16-year-old girls do--hang out with friends, and get in trouble."  The getting in trouble, he laughed at.  Cause he knows I'm too much of a goody-good to get in trouble.  And he's right.

"Ok ok.  As long as boys aren't involved."

"Sean, " I said with a smile, " I have never found much interest in guys, and so I think you have nothing to worry about."

All he did was laugh.  That is when I went to get my shoes and socks.  When I came back, he was all ready.  Dang, that was quick.  But whatever.  I got my socks and shoes on, and headed out to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi.

Please comment and tell what you think.

Thanks.  :D:D:D