8: Kitchen Floors and Closet Doors

Chapter Eight

I felt a drop of liquid on my cheek. I looked past Adam's shoulders and my eyes widened at the huge storm cloud building up at the sky which looked like it was about to attack us. Then another drop on my forehead. Thankfully, he noticed it too and quickly got off of me. He pulled me up as soon as he was on his feet, hitting my forehead against the corner of the car in the process.

"Gahhh!," I cried. The pain! It's too much!

Adam laughed. That jerk! I fumbled around the damaged area and let out a soft whimper when I saw blood running down my forehead. I glared at Adam, who was now walking towards the house, not even bothering to help me up. Ugh! I roughly shut the car door just as soon as the rain poured down, showering me with light sprinkles from head to toe.

The rain got heavier as I neared the house. Adam was outside waiting for me. I threw him a questioning look but he didn't respond.

"Ladie's first," he said.

"Guy's only say that so they can look at the girl's butt," I grumbled, not hesitating to go in the house, eager to get out of the rain.

The house was elegant and classy. It looked too neat and clean for an ass like Adam to live in but I didn't dare comment on it. Who knows what he might do! Everything was white and the kitchen was massive! I'm not even going to take the time describing the house. It was just too huge for me to describe all over.

"I'm not going to lie, but that's exactly why," he smirked, closing the door behind him. My eyes traveled his torso, then up his chest, then neck and finally, his eyes. He wore a key necklace which was gold. It was kinda cute on him actually.

"Oh my gosh, really? I thought a jackhead like you would live in a dumpster! This is freaking amazing!," I gushed. He scowled at me with a raised eyebrow but didn't say a word.

I sauntered over to the kitchen and opened the food compartment. I rummaged through what looked like a bag of beans and spices. Then stumbled towards the sink and looked under every compartment in sight. Adam eyed me curiously and chuckled.

"What are you doing," he managed between laughs.

"Looking for a sign of dead bodies," I replied seriously. He chuckled and shook his head. After finding a spot on the counter mid-corner, Adam slipped in next to me, soda in hand.

"They're all downstairs."

 He offered me one but I denied it.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust, "What do you do, screw them when you're lonely? I don't drink soda."

His eyebrows flew up, "Well what do you want girl? Make yourself feel at home. And nahh, I stopped."

My eyes widened and I was about to come up with a witty comeback but he pulled his hands up in defense so I passively dropped the topic.

And with that, I rummaged through the fridge, eating whatever edible thing I come across with without the least bit of shame. When I turned around with an armful of food, I quickly set them down on the counter next to Adam and pigged out. Then his gaze lingered towards my forehead with a concerned look.

"Whahh, ish dur somethin on ma faysh?, "I asked, voice muffled from the food. He left the room with me eating and I shrugged. He came back with a first aid kit in hand and got out the alcohol wipes. Adams hands were shaking lightly, as if he was scared to hurt a little puppy on the street.

.

"You're bleeding, " he said with a frown.

"No shit, sherlock, you hit me with your stupid car!, " I exclaimed. How stupid can you be?

He gasped, "Shelbie is not stupid! This may sting a bit. Don't you dare call her stupid! Hold up your head."

"You named your car?, " I asked, a grin forming on my face while tilting my head slightly.

"Yeah, is that so weird?," he shot me a warning look.

"No, " I replied nonchalantly. "but it's kinda snazzy don't you think? I mean, Shelbie.. it sounds like a toilet bowl company. Shelbiieee Companieeee! ," I sang at the top of my lungs. "For a memorable dump!" I finished, holding my thumb up with a huge smile for effect.

Adam looked as if he was trying to decide if he should laugh out loud or call 911 but he chose to laugh instead. He cleaned out the gush on my forehead while I held in a wince. The cut was actually pretty deep. It went from the northern part of my forehead to the top of my right eyebrow. He got out a white bandage and wrapped my head with it. I hadn't exactly seen the cut beforehand and was positive that it was going to leave a scar. Thanks a lot playboy!

When he finished, he stared at me staright in the eye and I shifted uncomfortably.

Smack!

"Oww! What the-"

"Stop making things awkward!," I demanded. "I'm hungry!"

I slapped him. Straight across the face for not talking. Haha hell, it was for the huge cut that was now pounding on my head.

-----

Half an hour later, we were sitting in the living room throwing popcorn at each other once again, ignoring the movie. I didn't even know what movie we were watching. All I cared about right now is hitting him with popcorn and prefferably jab his eye to death with it. Okay that was a bit exaggerated.

Soon, I ran out of popcorn so I resorted to throwing the bowl at him. Everything was a complete mess when we finished. Popcorn everywhere, empty cans of soda, and the huge purple stain on the ceiling.

I had tried to make smoothies but as you can see, it didn't turn out very well. There were piles and piles of dishes to wash. I think we might have just managed to clear out the fridge too. We grabbed everything edible we could get our hands on and ate like there was no tomorrow.

Surprisingly, I still felt hungry.

"What if your parents sees this?, "I asked, terrified. But he just shrugged and said they were out of town for the week.

"Why don't you go upstairs and change while I clean up? You can use some of my clothes, their in my room in the closet, " he said and turned, "And don't touch anything else."

"Yes dad!," I yelled over my shoulder mockingly.

When I got upstairs, I grabbed a huge shirt and basketball shorts from his closet and took a quick shower.

His bathroom was quite clean actually. There was a double sink and a marble counter in the middle, complimenting the shiny tiled floor. Before changing, I rummaged through the wide cabinet doors and looked through his stuff.

It has became a habbit of mine to be nosy. I pulled out a drawer and found a bottle Adam's cologne. I sprayed some on myself, imitating what he would've looked like when he was the one putting it on.

Hey gorgeous! I muttered to myself, swiping my hair back. I listened around for noises downstairs but everything was deafening silence.

After turning the lights out, I quickly scanned his room when a golden treasure chest caught my eye. It was under his bed. I know I shouldn't be touching anything but curiousity got the best of me and I kneeled by the side of the bed and pulled it out. It was locked. Then I remembered the necklace around Adam's head. It must've been the key for this thing. I heard a loud bang downstairs and rushed to the door, swinging it open. It was pitch black. I turned the corner, leading down stairs but before I could turn, a large muscular hand covered my mouth and dragged me into the coat closet by his bedroom door. I tensed up. I was about to scream when a pair of brown eyes turned me around and signaled me to shut up with his finger against his lips. Then I noticed it was Adam. He pulled me tight against his chest and I could hear his heartbeat thumping loudly against my ears.

I pressed my ear against the door. From what I could make out, there were a few footsteps in the kitchen, shuffling, then mumbling. Then after five minutes of waiting in silence, Adam let me go.

"Whatever you do, don't make any sounds, don't move, and do not leave this closet until I come to get you unless you still wanna live," and with that, he kissed my forehead and creeped out the door quietly.