5: Highway to Hell

Chapter Five

*Adam*

I stood there staring at Kat's horrified face while she stuttered to come up with an answer to what she just did.

She struggled to back away from me but  I held her close. Man! making up the bet was the best thing I ever came up with!

"Dude, score!" Someone hollered from the crowd but I ignored them.

I leaned into Kat, pulling her into a tight hug, pressing her up against me and whispered, "maybe we should get a room."

I smirked as I watched her neck and ears turn red. I felt her adjust herself inside my embrace and I gazed down right in time for her knee to kick me in my crotch area.

Oh come on!

A sudden boom of laughter and grunts bloomed across the room.

Everything suddenly got blurry and I backed away from her, landing on the floor.

Holy crotch.

I curled myself up and cupped my throbbing balls. I think my chances of having children in the future just leved down to 20/50. But no matter what it's going to take, I was not going to lose this deal! I need that 600 bucks.

I glanced over at the door and saw Kat leave. Everyone got out of her way at once since she had a commanding eye burning holes through everybody's heads.

This chick is crazy! .. But weirdly enough, it kinda turned me on.

--

After waiting in the infirmary for two horrifying hours, I was finally sent back to class with a busted ego and throbbing crotch. People stared at me in the hallway as if I was a helpless puppy lying around in the street. I bet the whole school have heard about the, uh, commotion in the restroom and just as I thought, they all felt bad for me. I hurried off to my next class of the day which to my horror was drama class and Kat was there, sitting in her usual seat with a smug grin on her face. 

She was leaning back on her chair in the corner of the room talking to some new guy in class. I studied him cautiously.

He had dark brown hair and a height of probably about 6'2. He had light green eyes which were boring into Kat's as he smiled at her flirtily. He seemed into Kat and judging by the way she threw her head back and laughed, he probably said something lame and nerdy. When she was back to her obnoxious state, her eyes met mine and her face lit up when she saw me and gave me a sassy wink just when the bell rang, signaling for class to begin.

Who is this chick?

I sat behind Kat quietly and causiously.

"Okay class," Ms. Santos began. "For the next four weeks, we are going to be working on a play and in the fifth week," she clapped her hand together and her eyes eyed all of us with pure evil, "we will be performing in the school auditorium."

My heart sank. I was already seriously pissed off and now she was adding to my frustration.

"Dammit!," I yelled, ignoring all eyes on me," why did I sign up for this class?"

"Adam I will not--" Santos started but Kat's shrill voice cut her off.

"Yeah, why did you sign up for this class?, You could've signed up for general reading instead and done all of us a huge favor. You're gonna need it anyway."

Laughter.

This girl had her own way of easily prodding at my nerves. Hell, if I could lock her up in a tree, I would.

"Why don't you just shut your mouth and jump off a cliff, I'm sure everyone in here would be willing to push you off."

Ms. Santos once again tried to interrupt our arguement with a loud throat clearing but we were  too stubborn to give in.

"Why don't you just go back to hell where you belong? Don't want to keep your parents waiting."

"Sweetie, if I'm satan, you're my Lady Gaga,"

"The closest thing I would get to being with you is when I push you into your death," the kat hissed.

 "If I go down, I'm taking you with me."  I hissed back.

"Stark! Jay! Detention!" Ms. Santos yelled at the top of her lungs.

We both snapped our gaze to Ms. Santos with rage clear in our eyes.

"Go to hell!" we both yelled in unison. The class gasped in fright and excitement.

Phew. She's fearless.

We both looked back at each other and I managed to mutter out 'dog-shit' at the same time she muttered out 'ass-face'. We glared at each other for a good two seconds and we both stood up.

"What the hell is your problem?! I didn't do anything to you!" we both yelled. Damn!

I could hear Ms. Santos fuming in the background so I tried to save us trouble but Kat wouldn't shut up.

"You," Kat started," You stupidmotherfucki-"

The kitty's words were immediately cut off by my lips gently locked on hers. Again.