11: Barefoot Cinderella

Chapter Eleven

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH! I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die! I'M GONNA FREAKING DIE! I thought as I sprinted across the cafeteria squealing like a pig.

I stole a glance behind me to see Adam hot on my trail, shooting daggers towards me. I couldn't help but laugh at the writings on his face. Man I'm good.

Making my way around a table, I finally stopped to catch my breath. Adam stopped right in front of me on the other side of the table. When he attempted to turn left, I did too. When he feigned right, I did too. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before I ran off again.

"You'll never take me alive!" I yelled dramatically. I could almost hear Adam roll his eyes behind me.

I made my way towards the exit of the cafeteria but the black heels I wore today was not a good idea. Scared that I might twist my ankle, I stopped for a split second and successfully jumped out of my heels yelling out YOLO as I did. Literally. I heard a few blooms of laughter from the distance but this wasn't a comedy show. This was Paranormal Activity. Okay, slight exaggeration but this could be my last day!

I didn't get farther than a foot from my shoes when I heard a loud thud and a groan. I suddenly stopped to see Adam sprawled out on-top of the spot where my shoes took place earlier. Then it dawned on me that it was under him. And that he fell.

"Oh oh oh oh my gosh!" I laughed at his screwed up face.

"Shut up!" He yelled back.

Hey! Who knew prince charming could literally fall on his ass over shoes?! Hahaha

I started laughing my ass off as well as a few brave ones in the cafeteria who dared cross Adam. My laughter stopped when Adam was now slowly getting up. We were now back on our cat-dog chase and I could feel every-ones eyes strayed on us. I turned a corner and spotted Blake getting out of line, food in hand. He was completely oblivious to whatever was going on. His back was turned towards me and I was running completely out of breath.

Should I?... Hmm.. Eh, what the hell.

I stopped a few inches behind Blake and jumped on his back, making him drop his food-piled tray.

"Aww," he whined childishly. "My cookies!" He stomped. He didn't even look strained with me on his back.

Then as if finally noticing I'm there, he looked over his shoulder at me with a surprised look.

"Oh hey Kat," He smiled.

"I'll give you five cookies of whatever kind you want later if you save my life from demon child over there." I offered.

He thought about it for a second and Adam was getting closer and closer. "Hmm.. twenty."

"What?! No way! 10!"

"Fifteen." He stated firmly.

"Fine! Now giddy up horseeey!" I gripped his shoulders firmly and reached over to smack his ass.

He laughed and yelled out his yeehaw before taking off. We made it around the school a couple of times and even managed to lose Adam at one point. Now I know how Cinderella felt when those guards were chasing her.

I don't think Blake even knew why we were running..

We were doing good. No wait, we were doing great, really. Keyword, 'were' That was, until Blake came to a halt in the middle of the hallway and carefully set me down. "What are you doing?" I hissed, stomping my foot.

He pouted. "I I I.. gotta pee..."

"Oh my gosh!" I yelled, just as Adam rounded the corner. He looked around before he locked gazes with mine and started sprinting off towards me. "You suck!" I cursed at Blake, poking his nose before running off towards where the gym is.