7 Minutes to Make a Date

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Girl::

“Okay.” I said. “I’ll buy the tickets and you'll buy the popcorn. Deal?” I hold my hand.

He smiled. “Deal.” He wrapped his hand around mine. I don’t know why but I felt a little shock go up my arm and straight into my heart. I gasped, pulling my hand from his. “Did you feel that?” I asked, shocked. Where did that come from?

He looked just as shocked as I felt. “Yeah... What was that?”

I suddenly couldn’t speak. All my focus was on his eyes. Like it was the first time I;ve ever seen them. The color was hypnotic. A black pit. I felt like i was being pulled towards them. Towards him. I must’ve tripped and lost my balance because soon I was looking up at him and his arms were wrapped around my body like he caught me from falling.

“Are- are you alright?” He asked. His eyes were gentle. His voice was like a whisper.

I nodded slightly. “Mm hm.” No words would actually come out. I was just too fixated on what was happening. His arms around my body just felt so right. Like they were made to fit around me. His hold wasn’t tight, but he held firm to keep me off the ground.

Still holding me, with me still looking up at him, he softly says, “Mariya? Can i ask you a question?”

“Sure.” Please ask to kiss me. Because I really want to you. Right now. This very moment.

“Can i kiss you?”

“Yes, you may.” I said as he starts to lean down towards me. I start to tilt my head, like i’ve seen in movies. His lips were soft. He didn’t press hard against mine, not at first. But after a while, our humble kiss grew. Time seemed to disappear around us.

Finally, we broke for air. We just stared into each other’s eyes while catching our breaths. “Austin?” I whispered, afraid that if I spoke too loud all this would crumble and shatter into tiny pieces.

“Mm?” He answered, like his mind was millions of mile aways.

I have to go inside. I said, a bit louder this time.

A frown crossed his face., “Must you?” Then he took my hands in his and placed a gentle kiss on each palm.

“Afraid so.” I gave him a small smile when he looked at me.

“So, tomorrow then? At say… one?”

I nodded, “Tomorrow at one. The Cinema.”

Giving a small bow, he kissed my hand, “Til tomorrow.” Then he turned and started to walk away. I smiled at the ground and glanced up at him one last time before walking towards my front doors. As I turned my key, I heard a a loud snapping noise in the silent night. Quickly I spun around to see what was there. Nothing. I tuned back. Another sharp snap. I turned around and took a step from the door and looked around my front yard.

“Who’s there?” I said, my voice shaking. After a minute i said, :Whoever’s ther better come out… or-or I’ll call the police.” When nothing happened, I took a deep breathe. There’s nothing there, mariya. I thought. You’re just driving yourself crazy.

“Mariya.” A voice said. Mark was walking up towards, stubling a little.

I smiled as he made his way to me. “Drunk I see.” I said when he was standing in front of me.

“Mostly sober now.” He said giving me a cheeky smile. He was so cute. His hair was messy but it looked good. His shirt was misbuttoned, probably from the game. “So,” He said, putting his hands in his jean pocket. “What are you doing tomorrow?”

“Me?” I tried to keep my voice stable and my stance firm and confident. “Not much. Just going to the cinema with a friend.”

He touched my arm and looked me in the eyes. I was under a spell. A wonderful spell. “What time?”

“One.” It escaped from my mouth before I could stop it. I just stood there, smiling like a moron.

“he wink at me, “Great. See you there.” Then he kissed my cheek and started his way back to the sidewalk.

I went back to my front door and turned the key, still inside the lock. I opened the door and hung my jacket on the coathanger. I walked like a zombie to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water.

Taking it up to my room, I placed on my night stand. Then I put my bag on my closet door handle. I got dressed for bed, and took off my makeup. Brushing my hair, I replayed his wards. “Great. See you there.”

Wait. I was supposed to go with Austin. And I told Mark about it. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to. But I’m sure Austin won’t mind. I mean, it’s not a date. Just two friends going to see a movie. Well, three now.