7 Minutes to Remember... Maybe

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Girl::

I stood there, holding a ring with the "S" symbol from superman. Jeremy went to get the "lucky" guy. I looked around the room, trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I felt so dumb just standing there. I closed my eyes, praying this would be over fast. Very fast.

"Mariya." I heard Jeremy say. I opened my eyes. The "lucky" guy was tall. At least a few inches taller than I'll ever be. I looked up to see his face and something stirred inside of me. He was good looking. Really good looking. The first thing I noticed was his eye color. They were black, but I swear I've seen them before. The question was, where? "Mariya, meet Austin. Austin, meet Mariya."

He looked at me and smiled, "Hi."

Just smile and be polite, Mariya. "Hello... Austin." I plastered the best smile I could manage.

He held out his and sorta bow, like he was a prince asking me to dance. "Shall we go, my love?" it seemed to slip from his mouth without a second thought. Something crossed my mind in a flash. There was a boy dressed like a prince, and a girl dressed like a princess. He held out his hand in a bowing gesture and asked the girl, "Shall we dance, my love?" The girl giggled and blushed, "We shall, my prince." She placed her hand upon his and- It was gone. Soon I found myself staring at the outstretched hand. Lifting my gaze so our eyes met, I placed my hand upon Austin's and said, without hesitation, "We shall, my prince."

I heard my friends gasp in surprise. Even I was surprised. I wouldn't normally say such things. Actually, I wouldn't normally say anything. Holding my hand, he guided me to the master bedroom.

I take a seat on the bed as he closes the door. The comforter was maroon red. The walls were painted light green. A dresser mirror stood in front of the bed against the door wall. Austin sat next to me. We stared at our reflection. Then we turned our heads to look at each other.

Everything about him seem so familiar. His face. His eyes. His smile. I knew I’ve seen him somewhere. And I needed to know where. every fiber in my being was telling me that if i didn’t find out where, then i would regret it for the rest of my life.

A hand on mine brought me out of deep thought. “we don’t have to have sex, if you don’t want to.” Austin said with a hopeful look on his face.

Did I hear him right? Did he just say that if I didn’t want to, we didn’t have to have sex? Any normal guy would be getting me to rip my clothes off.

“Did I say something wrong?” He asked.

“Absolutely not. Its just that, not having sex isn't how the game is played.” I told him. Was he from a different planet or something?

He smiled at me. For some reason, it my heart skip a beat. “I know. its just that you didn’t seem like you were into the game. So… i just thought…”

Was he looking at me before the game started? Come to think of it, When the girls and I were talking earlier, I had a feeling like someone was watching me. But I thought it was absurd, so I shrugged it off.

“Then what should we do?” I asked.

“We could just talk?” He offered.

I smiled. “Talk. Okay.” I paused. “So, Austin, are you new to Bullington?” His named rolled off my tongue as if i’ve said a million times.

“Yes, I am new. I’ve actually, just moved back.”

“You’ve lived here before?” I asked.

His cheerful smile turned sad. “Yeah, but it was a long time ago.”

I wanted to ask why he moved away, but I didn’t feel like it was my place. Plus, my brain was tugging at me. Like it was telling me that I already knew the answer.

“Well, if its not too late. Welcome to Bullington.” I gave a sincere smile, Hoping it would bring his smile back.

It did. “Thank you.” He said, laughing slightly.

“Will you be going to school at Bullington High?” I keep myself from asking.

“Yeah. I’m going to be a senior.”

“Me too.”

“That's great.. Maybe we can hangout during school.” He sounded hopeful.

“Yeah. I’d like that.”

“Awesome. Why don’t we-” He was dut off by three loud knocks on the doors. Soon we heard Jeremy’s voice saying that time was up.

“Guess we have to go out.” I said. not really wanting to leave. I wanted to stay and talk with him.

"Guess so.” He said and wrapped his hand around mine. He stood and I followed. We made our way back into the living room and before I could go back my friends, he pulled me on the side and said. “Let’s exchange numbers. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow?”

I don’t know if I looked like an eight year old who got her first two wheeler, but I know I was smiling like an idiot. “Okay, sure.”

After had each other’s number, he walked me to the couch, where my friends where anxiously waiting for me to tell them everything that happened. But before we reached them, I turned to him and asked, “I hate to sound too forward and I know we just met, but would you like to walk me home?”

He smiled. “I would love to.”

I let go of his hand and went to get my stuff. “Your leaving?” Jessica asked.

“With him?” Abby added.

I looked at my friends and shrugged. “Yeah. You guys know I’m not really a party girl.”

“Be careful.” Laura said.

“I always am.” I replied.

“You will tell us everything tomorrow.” Abby demanded.

“Can’t. We might hang out tomorrow.”

“Even more so you will tell us tomorrow.” Laura said.

“You know, when you came back from your date.” Jessica squealed.

“Fine. Tomorrow at 6pm. Sleep over at mine’s.”

“Deal!” They said

I was about to reach the door when someone who I thought didn’t know I existed stopped me. “Hey Maya.” He said with the cutest smile.

“Hi. And its Mariya.” I said. Trying not to faint.

“Yeah. Well you look really nice.” He said.

Trying not to blush, I answered. “Thanks Mark.”

He handed me a piece a paper, “Why don’t you call me. We’ll hang out sometime.”

“O-okay. Yeah. Sure.” I mumbled, taking the paper.

“Cool.” He said then walked to his group of friends.

I could not believe what just happened. Mark Peterson just gave me his number. And said for me to call him. So we can hang out! I glanced behind me to see him laughing at something his friend said. My heart did a flip at the sight. After three years of having a crush on him. He was finally noticing me. I walked out to see Austin waiting for me.