7 Minutes to Meet Her

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Boy::

“Hey dude.” Some guy said patting my back. “I’m Jeremy. You're new here, right?" He was wearing a Green Day t-shirt, jeans, converse and a watch.

With a nervous smile, I say “Hi. I’m Austin. Yeah, I’m new here.”

“Cool.” He said, then he grabbed the empty can of beer I was holding and gave me a new one. “Here, you're gonna need another one.”

“No, thanks.” I said, giving the bottle back. “I’m not supposed to drink too much.”

He looked at me and said, “You’re gonna need it for the game.”

“What game?” I asked as he gave it back to me.

“7 Minutes in Heaven. In about 30 minutes, you gonna be laid by anyone of these girls. You're gonna want to be at least somewhat drunk so you won’t remember tomorrow.” Jeremy gesture around the room. 7 minutes in heaven? What kind of game was that? To get laid by a complete stranger. Call me old fashion, but I want to get laid by the girl I love.

“Well,” Jeremy started. “You can have anyone here except that one.” He pointed to a girl standing near the couch. “She’s the one wearing the red beanie.”

“Who is she?” I asked.

“Abigail Johnson, but most people call her Abby.” I watched his face. He was staring at her. I guess he really likes her then.

Behind Abby there was three other girls. “And, the girls behind her?” I asked.

“What?” Jeremy said, like he forgot I was standing beside him. “Oh. The other girls? The one in the dress is Laura Baker, the one in skirt is Jessica Vula, and the one in the white jacket is...” He trailed off. “I’m not quite sure who that is. Hold on a sec.” He squinted his eyes a bit and then he whispered. “No way. It can’t be.”

“Is something wrong?” I didn’t get what was the matter.

Jeremy shook his head. “No, it’s cool. The other one is Mariya Illkson.” He looked around saw that someone brought more beer. “I’ll catch you later bro.” He said and went to help the beer into the kitchen.

I looked back to the four girls and saw that they had moved to the couch. I grabbed the unopened bottle of beer and slightly moved to get a better look at them. Abby was wearing a black tank top with a gold cross on it, red and black feather earrings, a red bracelet, a red beanie, red shorts, and black shoes. A black leather jacket sat on her lap, along with a black bag. Laura had on a blue dress, gold feather-or maybe leaf-looking earrings, gold bracelets, and brown heels. A brown purse dangled from her shoulder. Jessica was wearing a black top with a skirt that had some sort of design on it, several silver bracelets, a pair of white feather earrings, and black ankle boots. She had on a replica of the black leather jacket that Abby has. A black pursed laid on her lap. Mariya was wearing a red tank top under a white leather jacket, black skinny jeans, black boots, black feather earrings, black bracelets, a blue heart shaped necklace, and a black bag was set beside her.

Mariya. Illkson. That name. Why does it seem so familiar? I’m sure I’ve never met her before. Maybe I have? She could be one of those people I knew once upon a time. Before I was ten. She doesn't look like I would know her. But, something about her makes me feel like I do.

“Hey, man.” Jeremy says as he walks over to me holding a tupperware container. “You gotta put something in here for the game.”

“Um. Alright.” I said as I mentally searched for something. All I had on me was a rubber bracelet that spelled out the name Hope, an old ring with a greek design on it, and a ring with the superman symbol on it. “Um...” I said, stalling for time. I just took my superman ring and tossed it in the container.

“Cool.” Jeremy said and walked to a bunch of guys standing with a bunch, laughing.

I looked back at the four girls sitting on the couch. Abby handed Mariya a can of soda. Guess she’s not much of a drinker. I thought as I took a swing from the bottle. A girl wearing a pink, sleeveless top, a black skirt, pink heels that matches her top, a necklace with black leaves on it, and silver leaves earring walked up to me. “Hello.” I said, smiling slightly.

She smiled at me. “Hello, yourself.” She said as she placed a hand on my arm. She pointed to a group of guys across the room. “My boyfriend is the one in green football varsity jacket. He hasn’t been paying much attention to me since we got here, so I’m feeling a little invisible. Wanna help me make him jealous?” She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer. I stared at her pink lips, wanting to kiss them. But for some reason, my grace wandered to Mariya. My heart suddenly filled with unexplained guilt.

I looked back to the girl in front of me. I smiled kindly, as I  grabbed her wrists from neck and brought them down. “It’s a nice thought, but maybe you should just talk to him. Instead of trying to make of him jealous.” I looked behind her and saw Jeremy waving me to come. “It was very nice to meet you.” I said and walked to Jeremy. Leaving the bottle behind.

“Hey.” I said, as I walked up to Jeremy.

“Dude. She totally had it for you.” He said.

“I guess.” I said looking back at the girl in pink. She went back to her boyfriend and they were making out in front of his friends. His friends were saying something, but he was waving them away. “Who was that girl, anyway?”

Jeremy shrugged, “Don’t know, but she was hot.”

I didn’t answer. My gaze went from the girl to Mariya. She was still sitting on the couch. She was sipping her soda and and her friends told her something that made her roll her eyes.

Something in my mind flashed. Everything around me started to fade away. Soon all I could see was the little girl from dreams and little me playing in the park. I could hear the little girl’s sweet laugh as I told her something. Then I told her something again and she rolled her eyes. She stepped closer to little me and whispered in my ear, “Yes.”

“Dude.” I heard a voice call. “Austin!” the voice yelled louder, snapping back to reality.

“Huh?” I mumbled. Shaking the memory from my train of thought. “Sorry, I was… daydreaming.”

Jeremy was in front of me, “Man, you're up.” He smiled as he pointed to the strangely familiar girl that was no longer sitting on the couch. Mariya. She was holding my ring.