7 Minutes to be in Denial

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Girl::

“Hey, Mark.” I saw him standing in front on some signs featuring upcoming movies. He was wearing a simple grey tee with a black hoodie over it, white jeans, and black converse.

He smiled when he saw me. My stomach did a flip. “Hey, Mariya.”

I stopped in front of him. “You seem better compared to last night.” Smiling not really at him, but more to myself.

I was getting better at this flirting thing. Abby, Jessica and Laura practically blew my eardrums with their wake up call. They had me tell them every detail of what happened last night. The trip to the pharmacy. The dog lady. The strange memory of Bae. The walk in the park. The kiss.

And of course, Mark. Who I still couldn’t believe was standing in front of me. I mean, who would have thought that baseball captain/ class secretary/ junior prom king Mark would actually be here to watch a movie with me. And Austin.

Mark chuckled, “Yeah. I’m way better, now that you’re here.” He smiled at me, but there was something in his eyes that made his smile look dark. “Hey,” His voice brought me out of my thoughts. “Why don’t’ we go get our tickets?”

“Well, I have to wait for my friend. Can we wait a few minutes?” Even though I wanted to be with Mark. Some part of me wanted to with Austin too.

Mark didn’t seem too happy with my request. “Alright. We can a few minutes, but if he’s not here, we’re going to get our tickets. Okay?”

“O-okay.” I was speechless. I’ve never seen this side of Mark. To tell you the truth, It kind of scared me.

He must of sensed it, because he quickly put his hand on my shoulder. Not it mean or rough way, and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” He paused, looking at the ground. “I guess i just kind of want it to be just us…” He trailed off as he dropped his arms to his side.

I playfully bumped into his shoulder, “You do, huh? Well, tell you this, if he doesn’t show in 10 minutes, we can get our tickets. Okay?”

He nodded, smiling and looking at me, “Alright.”

“I had a great time.” I told Mark as we walked out of the cinema. Passing a trash can, I dropped my half finished drink and popcorn in it Then dug around in my bag and pulled out my cell phone. 4 missed calls. one from each of the girls. I sighed and put my phone in my back pocket.

Taking my hand in his, Mark replied, “Yeah, me too.” Then he stopped me and looked both ways behind him and me. Like he was making sure no one was looking. Like he was going to do something. A flutter of excitement and uneasiness rose in my gut.

He focused on me and smiled his cheeky smile. “What are you doing?” I asked him as I bite down on my bottom lip, nervous and trying not to faint. He didn’t answer me. Just leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

His kiss was rough. almost forced. Like it wasn’t me he was kissing. It felt unwanted, and full of false passion. My stomach should be fluttering. but it was churning., As if I ate something bad. His kiss felt wrong. Even though his hands on my back said otherwise.

We broke from our kiss and I was speechless. Not in the way that I was when Austin kissed me. More in the way that was seemed real, but didn’t feel real. Before I could say anything, Mark kissed me again. Again, everything in me felt like hurling.