7 Minutes to Remember Her

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Boy::

When Mariya left, it was just Bae and me. Bae kept trying to jump on me. I ran my fingers through his white fur. I’ve always wanted a white retriever. Ever since I watched Snow Puppies when I was 5.

I took Bae a few blocks away from Patty’s, stopping a few times so kids can pet him. About ten pee stops and one poop stop later, I found a vendor selling ice cream. I order two, A chocolate one for me and a vanilla one for Bae. Ten minutes later, we were done with our ice cream and was back to walking.

“Woof!” Bae barked, getting my attention.

I crouched down to his level. “What is it, buddy?”

“Woof!” He barked again, then dashed across the street, his leash slipping from fingers.

“Bae!” I shouted, running after him. “Bae come back!” I watched him run around people, me following after, shouting “Sorry!” from over my shoulder. He kept running, despite my pleads for him to stop. He ran through the park, down a street, around a corner, and down another street. He just kept running street after street until he finally stopped. In front of my house.

Tired and out of breathe, I grabbed his leash and plopped on the green lawn. Through pants, I said, “How did you know I lived here, boy?”

Bae answered with a “Woof!”

“Austin?” I heard dad yell from the porch steps.

I was too busy catching my breathe to answer him. A few seconds later, I was no longer looking at the blue sky. Instead I was looking at my father face. With an amused smile, he offered his hand. I took it, getting back to my feet.

“What are you doing, son? Where did this dog come from?” Dad questioned, petting Bae. I saw his amused smile turn into a happy one.

“A girl named Mariya Illkson gave me this dog as a welcome gift. His name is Bae.” Dad’s happy faded into a serious one. He took Bae’s leash and walked him into the house. Then he called for Mom. Confused and feeling like I did something wrong, I asked dad, “Is everything okay?”

Dad looked at me and just when mom appeared he nodded and said, “Everything is fine.”

Mom looked at us and gasped. “Where did this dog come from?” She looked at Dad for answers.

He simply said, “Mariya Illkson.” Mom gasped again, but this time it was more happy.

Now even more confused, I asked them, “Why are you guys suddenly happy about hearing a person’s name of whom you’ve never met before?”

Mom grabbed my shoulders, “But we have met her before. She’s your best friend.”

What? No, I didn’t have a best friend. I was a loner at my last school. The closest friend I’ve ever had was the janitor. “What are you talking about? I’ve never met Mariya before that party I went to a few days ago.”

“Mariya Illkson is the girl you’re in love with?” Mom asked. I feel her insides jumping with joy.

“Yes-I mean-no-I mean-I never said I was in love with her. I said I think I love her.” I could feel my face turning red.