7 Minutes to Get Jealous

Please Comment! :) Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------

::Boy::

As I waited outside, I saw Mariya talking to some guy through the window. It shouldn’t have bothered me. I mean, Mariya’s a pretty girl. I’m sure she gets stopped by guys all the time. But something about that guy bothered me. Like he was trying to do something, but he wasn’t really doing anything.

I saw him give Mariya a piece of paper. No doubt with his number on it. It bothered even more when she took it. With a big smile on her face too.

She came out, and I couldn’t stop myself. “What’s that?” I asked, pointing to the paper.

“This? Its nothing.” She said, then put the paper into her bag.

Nothing. Right. “Should we go?” I said, making my way down the front steps.

“Sure. Let’s go.” I heard her say behind me.

Minutes went by and no words were exchanged. I kept glancing at her, wondering what she was thinking about. If she was thinking about that guy. I was mentally debating rather or not I should ask her.

I decided why not? “Who was that you were talking to?”

She smiled, “Why? Jealous?”

I knew she was teasing, but I was asking myself that same question. Why did I care so much if she was talking to another guy? Why was I so bothered when she took that piece of paper? Was I jealous?

“Maybe.” I answered honestly.

“Hmm.” she said, her smile growing.

“Did I say something odd?” I asked.

She shook her head. “No. It just reminded me of this boy I knew as a kid.”

“Oh? Really?” I was interested in knowing more. Like I knew something about what she was talking about. Maybe she was part of my forgotten past.

“Yeah.” Was all she said.

We turned down a street, and my phone began to ring. I fished it out of my pocket and answered, “Hello.”

“Honey, can you go into town?” My mother says on the other line. “I forgot to pick up your father’s medication.”

“Yeah. No problem.” I told her.

“Thanks, honey. Don’t stay out too late.”

“I won’t. Love you.”

“Love you too, Superman.”

I hung up with a smile on my face. Superman. A nickname given to me when I was a kid, due to my obsession with him. I turned to Mariya, “That was my mom. She wants to go into town and pick up something.”

“Cool.” She said. “We can get ice cream on the way back. I know the best ice cream place in town.” She smiles as she says this.

I love her smiles.

“What?” She asked. A look of confusion and amusement on her face.

“Huh?” I said dumbly, turning to face her. Please tell me I did not say that out loud.

“Did you say that you love my smiles?” She looked down and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

Crap. “I-What? Why would I say that? I- just met you.” I couldn’t stop babbling. “Perhaps you heard wrong.” I rushed to say before shutting up.

A soft giggle escaped her lips. “Perhaps.”

“Lets continue, shall we?” I said, turning my back to her.

I spent the rest of the walk mentally kicking myself for saying that out loud. When we got to town, we walked into the local pharmacy.