21 ❤️

Cameron's POV -

"Yeah, this is Cameron Parker." I said, sitting down on the bed. London stared at me nervously.

"We have some good news and some bad news, Mr. Parker." I swallowed hard.

"London's results came back negative... but you Cameron, you tested positive.. I'm sorry."

At that moment, my whole world stopped. I literally felt my heart collapse. I thanked him and slowly hung up.

''We're clean !" London jumped up, smiling. I sat her down in my lap.

"Baby girl.. you're clean." I said.

"YES. Baby I told you we were fin-" She looked in my eyes, standing up, "Wait, what are you ?"

Tears filled my eyes and I broke down.

"Baby, I'm sorry !" I cried. She immediately pulled me into her chest and began crying with me.

"No, Cam ! You can't !" She screamed.

I cried so hard that night.

*

THE NEXT MORNING -

I woke up with this pain in my chest and swollen eyes. I'm going to see Brielle today, she's gonna explain all this shit to me.

"Baby." London kissed my cheek.

"Hm ?"

"How do you feel?"

"Like dying." I stood up and went too the bathroom.

She walked in the bathroom and sat on the counter as I peed. I flushed and then began washing my hands. As I looked in the mirror, I was disgusted with myself. I hate myself. London pulled me in between her legs and kissed me deep.

"I love you." She mumbled.

You can only get HIV/AIDS from breast milk, blood, and fluids from down there.

"I love you too."

"You want me to go over there with you?"

"Nah. I'm cool."

*

After I showered and everything, I dressed in a hoodie and some basketball shorts. I put on some black LeBron's and left.

*

I knocked on the door to Brielle's house.

"Come in." I heard, faintly.

I walked in and headed to the couch where she was sitting. She was so skinny and frail. Her skin was very pale. Her lips were very dry.

"I have AIDS Bri." I said, not looking at her, "explain to me how that happened."

She sighed.

"I was with this guy for a long time.. I loved him and vice versa.. by the time we were ready to have sex, he slid the head in, then came back out. I never considered myself anything beyond a virgin. I found out a while ago he was pimpin' hoes, fuckin random bitches, gave himself and I AIDS. He's not here anymore." She said.

"Did you know when we were having sex ?"

"No. Honestly I thought I got it from you. But you're a good loving, faithful man. Would never hurt London." She nodded.

"And the one time I really did..." I mumbled.

"Cameron, I'm so sorry. Just make sure you take your medicine. I never did, that's why I'm like this now. But you, you got kids to live for-"

"So do you ! You abandoned J !"

"Because I knew I was gonna die !" She snapped.

I shook my head, wiping my tears.

"Can you please just go, I want to be alone !" She said.

"Brielle, I'm not going anywhere until-"

She curled up in a ball and began praying.

"Bri.."

She stopped and laid flat on her back, I could just look at her and tell that her heart was racing.

"Brielle !" I exclaimed.

"Cameron, I love you.." She slowly closed her eyes.

"Bri !"

She smiled faintly.

"Tell Cameron JR. that his mommy will always love him, and she'll always be looking over him." I began crying.

She took a deep breath, and slowly fell into a sleeplike state.

I felt for a pulse and there wasn't one. I sighed and kissed her forehead gently.

*

I stood there with London, watching the ambulance lay Brielle on the gurney. They placed a white sheet over her and put her in the back. I turned and looked at London.

"Thank you for coming." I said.

She wrapped her arms around me as I started crying.

"I don't wanna die, London. I'm sorry."