Can We Call the Undertale Fandom "Sadist Anonymous?"

Flowey popped up way too soon. Gerson had just gone to talk to the king, and it seemed as soon as Sans was alone, the weed popped up. "You should probably go talk to the king. He seems like he's having a hard time calming everyone down."

Sans was up in an instant. However, instead of obeying the flower, he attacked it. He shot attacks at him as fast as he could. All his rage flowed from his body into the attacks.

"Chara." He muttered, dodging several flurries of bullets thrown at him.

"Can I help you?" They replied. Sans could tell they were ticked off.

"what the fuck do you think?" Sans snapped. He had Flowey on the defensive, but that wouldn't last without the souls.

"hmm..." They hummed, taking their sweet time. "Oh! I know! You wanted to ask how I was! Since you haven't talked to me in sooo many months, right?"

"of all times-" Sans broke off. He had to concentrate. He had almost gotten hit that time. Flowey knew how the rules broke. He and Sans both had their dirty tricks, and Flowey was always getting more cunning.

"I'm doing alright, Sans. How are you?" Chara pestered angrily. "How's your job in the Royal Guard? You haven't talked to me since you fucking got it!"

Sans was nearing his limit. Without soul power, he and Flowey were pretty even in strength. "Chara, please." He muttered even quieter.

Chara thought for a minute. "I'll save your pathetic run, so long as you give me three free favors."

Being obligated to say 'yes' to Chara three times without any voice in the matter was a death wish in the making.

Flowey caught a hold of Sans' leg. He had gotten distracted. In a split second, he found himself face to face with Flowey's bullets. Another instant, and Gerson was in front of him.

Sans was dropped to the ground. He got up and ran to Gerson's side. The bullets had broken through his shell. "oh my god..." Sans felt the burning tears ready to spill over again.

"Heh! Like hell I'll die!" Gerson scoffed. "You go see the king. Apologize and take responsibility for your actions before you reset."

As always, Gerson took care of his role as Sans' conscience. Sans nodded. Fuck. He knew he would see Gerson again, but it hurt still. Gerson turning to dust hurt him severely. Looking at the dust on his gloves, being reminded of Chara's disgusting joy in covering them self in the dust of monsters, it hurt so goddamn much.

Sans forced himself up. He walked quietly through the Last Chamber and made his way to Asgore's home. Chara was probably sulking again.

The king was out front. A crowd of monsters were crowded in the passage. The Royal Guard was the only thing holding them back. It seemed as if all of them were talking.

That is, till Sans was seen. A quick hush immediately fell over everyone. The only exception was a few whispers noting the dust on him.

"Sans, what happened?" Asgore asked.

Sans took a second to get control of his emotions. "everyone died." His voice cracked at the end irregardless.

Deathly silence followed. Sans focused on breathing. He couldn't cry here. "Are you serious?" Asgore barely breathed out. Sans could only nod.

"Murderer!" A monster from the back screamed. The floodgates opened. A monster quickly slipped past Burgerpants, and ran at Sans screaming. Everyone seemed to want to attack him.

Immediately, Sans pushed all the monsters besides the king and the Royal Guard to the ground with blue magic. He didn't know what else to do.

"i'm sorry." The tears he had held back fell without invitation. "god i'm so... so sorry." He dropped to his knees and covered his face, sobbing now. "i wanted to protect you all. i really wanted it to work, and i... i ignored..."

"Sans, you need to let off!" Asgore yelled. Sans looked up to see all the monsters pressed flat against the ground, gasping for breath.

"what?" He tried to free them.

Chara poured more soul energy into him. Having a target, he couldn't stop using magic with the amount of power he had, even if he wanted to.  His eye flared without him wanting it to.

"Sans! Stop now!" Asgore yelled with more urgency. Sans watched through the code as their HP decreased more and more. His glasses had broken in the cave in, so some code was fuzzy again, but he could still make it out.

"Chara, please..." Sans begged brokenly.

"Next time, don't forget me." They ordered, flooding his system with twice as much magical power than he had ever been given before.

Sans watched as monster after monster turned to dust. Asgore begged and pleaded, but finally, he had had enough. To save the handful of monsters left, he summoned his trident, and ran it through Sans' soul.

~

Sans woke up with Chara's laughter in his head. He screamed. "SHUT UP!" He screamed. Over and over he screamed it. He had fallen on the floor, and Asgore was trying to comfort him in utter confusion. He screamed more. He banged his head against the floor, mixing his tears with blood.

He blacked out.

Waking up, he rolled over. "GET UUUUUUPP!!!"Chara yelled.

"no." Sans muttered. His headache was back with interest. It was more pain than he had ever thought he could bear, yet he did nothing to mend his wounds.

"Why?"

"no."

"That isn't an answer."

"no."

The process continued for quite a while. Asgore came in again, Sans didn't care. Asgore was speaking to him. Sans didn't care. Nothing mattered.

He stayed like that for god only knows how long. When he was done, he stood up quietly, and left. Asgore asked where he was going, but Sans ignored him.

He had one goal. Kill Flowey, kill Chara. The first part wasn't so hard. The second, would be incredibly difficult. He had an idea where to look, so he headed to Hotland. He needed his glasses if he was going to read the code.

Gerson was waiting at the elevator. "Sans, are you okay?" He looked shocked at the blood covering Sans' face. The skeleton's head was cracked severely, yet he walked past in silence. He didn't even look at Gerson.

"Sans, what happened after I died?" Gerson asked, following.

"I can tell you what happened." Flowey giggled, but Sans cut it off. Part one was accomplished.

Determination.