Chara Always Gets what they Want

Sans didn't walk more than ten rooms before the flower popped up.

"Howdy! I'm Flowey. Flowey the flower!" He pepped. It was good to have a name for the damn thing, now.

"fuck off, Flowey." Sans fought back the urge to stomp the flower into the dirt. Doing so would probably land him back in Asgore's bed at the start of the time loop.

"Golly! You should really watch your mouth! We haven't even met yet, and you're being so rude!" Despite the words he said, the flower sounded very enthusiastic. Sans hated how fake it all seemed.

"don't mess with me. whadda ya want?" If he were sure Flowey wouldn't stop him, he'd have left already. For now he just tried to ignore Chara pestering him to kill it. They only wanted him to get killed by the thing so they could get a reset.

"This is why I never liked you. You're never fun." Still a sweet little fake smile. At least Sans' smile looked realistic when he had had it. Mostly realistic at least. "But at least now you're useful."

He said it like Sans wasn't useful before. "i don't need some shitty flower judging me." He spat. "i have enough on my plate. besides, you don't even know me! so stop pretending you do!"

"Actually, I do know you!" Flowey bounced. "You're Sans the skeleton! You tell jokes to hide your depression, but only because you're scared of confrontation. You drink away your problems, and look up to Papyrus like he's god! Well, you did." He ended his verbal attack with a giggle.

Sans was growling. Completely unable to disguise his hurt and hatred, he glared at the flower. His hands clenched and unclenched over and over, his magic just below the surface.

"Looks like you got a target this time. Let's see how this works now."

Despite his inhibitions, Sans allowed the power of the souls to channel through his magic. It was much weaker, and easy to control. Chara had probably only released some of the magic. He summoned two massive Gaster Blasters and aimed at the still smiling flower. A beam of rainbow colored magic burnt the place Flowey had been to smithereens.

Turning, Sans saw the flower a little ways away. It's face was split in half with a deadly smile, as it sent a wave of bullets at Sans. Without hardly thinking, several walls of bones stood between him and the attack.

His blazing blue eye wasn't just for show. Using it changed his view on the world. He looked around as if the world were made of numbers. Lines of code he had come to trust. They were the only truth he had found to be consistent.

Flowey was no longer on the other side of the walls of bones. He let them dissipate and scanned the world around him.

There.

Two rooms away, the code he had come to recognize as Flowey was sitting. Using his magic, he programmed a shortcut, or space jump, into the numbers, and found himself in front of the flower. A look of pure shock landed itself on Flowey's features, followed shortly by a crushing attack.

"Holy shit. What did I just see?" Chara was strangely mellow.

Sans ignored her as normal. The power now put back under Chara's control, he stared down at the mangled remains of the flower.

"Sans, can you always see like that? And your shortcuts? Is that what your magic does? You're a hacker?"

"can you just shut up?" So many questions. Ugh. He picked up the dead weed and froze. He had killed this thing.

He was so used to attacking Chara when he got mad, it hadn't taken much to push him into killing the abomination in his hands. He felt bad, but he was still kind of angry. He was also curious. It was apparently not a monster, seeing as it hadn't turned to dust when it died, but it was also obviously not human.