5

The deafening beeping noise.

Bright lights whenever I open my eyes.

I was being rushed somewhere on a bed.

Everything was too bright.

Doctors were surrounding me.

They were talking very loudly.

I wonder what the problem was.

I felt fine.

I see Taehyung.

He was crying as I was being pushed into another room.

He was being stopped by doctors.

I wanted Taehyung.

Pain.

Hurting.

Bright lights.

Too bright.

Too much noise.

Shut up.

SHUT UP.

SHUT UP!

SHUT UP!

SHUT UP!

I DON'T WANT THIS!

I WANT TAEHYUNG!

SHUT UP!

TOO BRIGHT!

TOO LOUD!

I WANT TAEHYUNG!

SHUT UP!

My eyes flutter open, the bright lights greet me once again. I was in so much pain. I looked around, this wasn't my room. Where am I? I looked down at the clothes I was wearing. These weren't my clothes. My hearing is slowly returned, there is a short beep every few seconds, I look to the side, and start to become aware of where I was. I was in a hospital room, probably explaining why I was in so much pain. A nurse walks in the door, "hello Jungkook," he greets. 

"Hello," I say in a raspy voice, "I see you're getting your voice back," he says proudly. I tilt my head and give him a confused look. "Can you not remember again?" He sighs, "w-what do you mean?" I ask, my voice still raspy and barely audible. "Okay, I guess we start from the beginning again," the nurse sighs. "I am Mark, nice to meet you, you have been here about a week already, recovering from your surgery." I nod, slowly understanding.

"I have forgotten you before?" I ask, Mark nods, "this is your third time in the past two days, I hope it is the last," Mark sighs. I nod slowly again, "your friend came to visit you when you couldn't remember, it was one of the worse ones, you just couldn't remember him. Taehyung, my best friend's friend and my friend actually." Mark turns around and smiles at me. I couldn't remember Taehyung? I felt like an asshole.

"He hasn't come back since," Mark admits. "Mark, have we met before, I mean before all this hospital stuff?" I ask. Mark nods, "I went over to Taehyung's house with Jimin once, you were there," Mark explains. I nod again, "do you want me to call everybody and tell them you're awake?" Mark offers. "That would be nice," I give him a smile, Mark smiles back and goes off to make the calls.

Not even thirty minutes later Taehyung had arrived with the rest of my friends. "KOOKIE!" Taehyung yells, hugging me. "Hello," I say, my voice was slowly failing me. "Jungkook-ah I thought you'd forget us forever!" Hoseok whines, throwing himself into the hug. While Hoseok's ear as near my mouth I whispered, "bet you 16584‎₩  that Jimin and Mark are gonna get together." Hoseok smirks, "you're on," he whispers back. Taehyung and Hoseok stop hugging me after a while, Taehyung was smiling like an idiot.

Taehyung sits next to me, holding my hand and Hoseok takes a few pictures with Seokjin and Jimin. "Mark told me you didn't come back after I forgot you, w-why?" I ask, Taehyung smiles awkwardly. "You kinda pushed me away, asked the nurse who I was and what I was doing before asking for me to leave your hospital room and never come back," Taehyung says. I felt like my heart was being torn in two by my own words. "Tae... you know I didn't mean that right?" I check, Taehyung nods and smiles.

Mark reviews somethings, "hey Kookie you got some good news, you should be released in about a days time, so long as you don't forget everything again," Mark says. I smile at the news, I was looking forward to getting out of this hospital. I wasn't looking forward to going home though. Taehyung sees this and strokes my head, "hey Kookie if you don't want to go home right away you can crash at my place," Taehyung offers. "Thank you Tae, but I really should get home, Mum will be worrying," I sigh. Taehyung nods. "Get some rest Kookie, you'll need it," Taehyung whispers, kissing my forehead. I blush madly at his actions and nod.

-

-

-

-

I open my eyes, the bright lights greet me, do they ever turn those things off? I look to the side, Taehyung was sleeping on the couch in the room. Mark walks in, "he refused to leave yesterday, said he was basically your family," Mark sighs shaking his head. I look up at him and smile, "do you remember everything?" He checks. I nod, "he's Taehyung," I try to say but it comes out very hoarse. Mark gives me a sad smile, "Jungkook, in your emergency surgery the doctors they had to do something, I can't quiet remember what but, there was a side effect. It'll take some time but your voice is very weak as of now." I nod, I just had to wait a bit before I could start screaming again.

"Just don't try to do anything straining, and don't talk too much," Mark says. "M-Mark, can I ask you something?" I ask, changing the subject. He nods, "how are you a nurse?" I ask. Mark gives a short laugh, "this is just a part time job for me, I just get food and medication delivered to patient's rooms." I nod, Taehyung starts to get restless. His eyes flutter open.

"Kookie, you're coming home today," Taehyung yawns. I nod and smile at him, Mark looks at the two of us. "You two are such a cute couple," he swoons, "oh, umm no, no we're not a-," Mark puts his hand up, cutting Taehyung off. "Yep, sure, your not a couple, and I'm not a nurse," Mark smirks. Taehyung rolls his eyes, "when can Jungkookie-ah come home?" Taehyung asks. "He'll be released at midday," Mark says and walks out the room.

I turn to Taehyung and wave at him, mouthing hello. "Don't worry, Mark already told me that you need to rest your voice," Taehyung says. I nod and smile at him, "don't worry, I know you'll get through this," Taehyung assures me and wraps his arms around me.