Chapter 74

"How life changes huh," I said as inspecting the kitchen that I found had dramatically changed.

"You didn't say anything," Chace started slowly. "One minute you were there and the next...where have you been?"

"San Francisco," I informed him as standing beside the oven; with him on the other side of the table.

"We were all worried" he admitted.

I laughed. "Right, that's why they spent so many sleepiness nights searching for me huh?"

Chace looked down and shook his head. "They all knew" he explained "like they expected you to leave...Nate just nodded liked he expected it"

Uncle Nate knew even before I was born that I would leave the family. He had been preparing himself for the day that it would since he met me.

"Cause he did" I nodded slowly.

Everyone was outside; not wanting the night to end, because once it did, we had to get back to our lives without him.

I entered the backyard to find my entire family. They all had grown so much. Rebellious Lila was pregnant for goodness sake. Everything had changed; these people weren't the ones that I had once knew.

"Taylor?" Kyle looked at me in the backyard; captivating my family's attention.

"Hi" I half smiled as hugging the boy and kissing his cheek.

"You look....great" he smiled as pulling away to take a better look at me.

It felt like just yesterday when Kyle was arguing with his sister Vanessa in the bathroom about who would be next in the shower. Now he's a thirty-year-old husband and father. He was twenty-four when I left; still a kid with his whole life ahead of him. I never saw Kyle as my older cousin, he was always like my brother.

"Thank you" I smiled as looking him head to toe, "is that a lavish suit that I see?"

"Guilty" he grinned as all my cousins stood around us silently.

"God look at you" I laughed "all grown up huh"

"Well you haven't seen nothing yet my friend" he chuckled as pulling out a photo from his wallet and giving to me.

"No" I shook my head with a smile "are these..."

"My family" he informed.

The picture was of a woman holding a baby, with a two-year-old standing beside her leg.

"Are they here?" I asked Kyle.

"No Tanya's in Orlando cause her mums ill and the kids have the flu so her sisters babysitting for the night" Kyle explained. "So what's this? are you coming back or...."

I knew that I had gone long enough without my family. Uncle Nate would have wanted me back, running the business.

"Yeah, it looks like I am" I nodded.

"Hold up" Michael finally spoke after recovering from shock. "You leave when the man's dying then you come back to claim your inheritance?"

"Well technically" Sage started "the business is rightfully hers"

"Sage" Lila sighed "not helping"

"Mum" Clementine called with Milo and Chris beside her. "Did you say that we'll start Krav Maga in January or February?"

"January cause you two should have mastered lock picking and rock climbing by that point" I explained quickly.

"See you owe me six bucks" she raised her brows as sticking her hand out to Milo.