Chapter 67

August fourteenth.

Two weeks later.

"Fuck!" I heard someone cry from downstairs "fuck fuck fuck fuck!"

It was my twenty-first birthday; that's what I woke up to.

"What the fuck man?" Another yelled.

"Fuck fuck fuck!" He repeated.

"What is it!" Uncle Jason questioned. "Jared!"

"What's going on?" Aunt Jamie asked.

"What happened?" Ethan begged for a response.

"We've been robbed" uncle Jared announced as they all stood around the kitchen table.

"What do you mean we've been robbed?" Aunt Jamie widened her eyes.

"As in the money is gone!" Uncle Jared screamed.

I stood behind the wall listening to it all. Scared for my life.

"How much did we fucking lose?" Uncle Jason yellsed.

"Fifty per cent!" Uncle Jared screamed. "They got into our accounts."

Ethan gasped.

"Fifty per cent! how?" Aunt Christina yelled. "How would they get passed the firewall?"

"How the fuck should I know!" Uncle Jared snapped. "The only way would be to dismantle it from the inside."

"So we're fucked!" Uncle Jason cried "we're actually fucked!"

I had never seen my family so livid in my entire life. The mansion was absolute choas for some time afterwards.

Fifty per cent of our earnings were gone. Then I understood what had happened.

"So when Nate dies...you only get fifty per cent of the business?"

"Yeah"

"Only fifty per cent"

No.
No.
No.

Nobody knew that I had been hanging around my mother; nobody. They all warned me, and I chose not to listen. As a result my family had lost fifty percent of their earnings.

***

That day, I managed to locate Paige at the airport with her brand new Lamborghini.

"What the fuck" I cried. "You stole from my family, why?"

"I'm a thief, Taylorina, that's what i do," Paige told me as standing in front of her new flashy car, "what did you think we would have that mother-daughter relationship? Did you think that I didn't have any other motives for hanging with you for as long as I did?"

"You were after my money the entire time" my eyes widened in fury.

"When I found out you were only getting fifty per cent of the business....well there's no point taking my chances" Paige announced.

"You stole from my family" I repeated.

"No actually you did" she smiled as playing with keys to her new car, "you were the one made the transaction"

"What are you talking about?" I asked her fearfully.

"I bugged you" she stated simply, "you had a wireless keylogger on you for twelve hours...just long enough for me to make the transaction"

"You bitch" I snapped.

"See you in hell sweetheart" Paige smirked as jumping into her new car, before driving away.