Chapter 2

Hi all,

The video attached really sets the tone for this book. Please go check it out if you get the chance.

Thank you

Happy reading!

--------------------------------

The cold breeze brushed against my face, sending a shiver down my spine. My eyes felt heavier than they ever had before, almost as though there were someone forcing them shut. After a few minutes, I was able to open my eyes and search for my surroundings to the best of my ability. Everything was blurred, apart from one thing.

"Mornin' sweetheart" I heard a voice greet cheerfully.

I narrow my eyes to find Chace in the driver's seat. I was laying in one of my family's limo's that our servant was driving. Chace was an eighteen-year-old, born to an extremely wealthy family. My family kidnapped him when he was fourteen - his parents never paid the ransom, so we kept him, trained him and now he's one of us.

His loyalty to my family made us believe that he may have stockholm syndrome. My cousin Chris said that maybe Chace just genuinely liked us more then his real family. That I could believe, seeing as his parents never came looking for him and told the media that was he was dead.

"What the fuck is going on?" I sat up straight, rubbing my eyes to correct my vision.

My cousin Michael must have got me with tranquilliser again.

Michael is one of uncle Nate's sons, he happens to specialise in CNS Agents like sedatives as well as poisons.

After a few moments, I could make out some shapes and objects like Chace's stupid hat.

"You're going to a safe house," he told me. "You've been temporarily suspended from all your duties"

My family have several safe houses located across the world. I must have gotten too close. Why else would Uncle Nate panic and send me away? I wondered how long I had been out for. I could now see Chace's reflection in the review mirror. My vision was almost completely back to normal.

My eyes meets Chace's, whose looking at me through the review mirror. His dirty blond hair mostly hidden under his hat. He's dressed in an all black limo driver uniform (what can I say, he likes to get into character).

"Say what?" I widened my eyes.

"Total lockdown my friend" he smirked.

"I haven't done anything wrong" I clenched my jaw. Chace than glared at me like sure you haven't. "...I didn't get caught!"

"You went into the Larrunzarios mansion Ta!" He snapped back.

"I didn't get caught!" I repeated.

"And what if you did? Huh?" He asked. "You wouldn't be here right now"

Well, that's dramatic.

"I will find him," I told Chace honestly, "putting me into isolation will accomplish nothing"

Chace ignored me. So I sat in that damn limousine for who knows how long whilst I tried to come up with an escape plan. I just had to figure out where exactly I was.

***

When we finally arrived at the safe house, I jumped out of the limo and looked at Chace.

"What?" He questioned.

"Norway? Are you serious?" I fold my arms. "And it's not even the good parts of Norway...but the suburbs"

Around me were white and yellow houses, a white sky, green bushes and grey bumpy roads. Clearly Norway.