Chapter 14

"Uncle Nate!" I screamed while the four of us stormed the mansion.

We entered the kitchen to find Vanessa and John sipping tea at the dining table.

"The examination room" Vanessa said simply, her eyes on John and not us.

The four of us exchanged confused looks. Examination room meant that Uncle Nate was injured.

Was he shot? Did Katie shoot my uncle Nate?

We entered the examination room quickly to find uncle Nate sitting on a metal chair with aunt Kat behind him.

Focusing my eyes, I found that she was, in fact, stitching up his bleeding, head, "What is the fuck happened to you?" My dad asked him.

Uncle Nate sighed "Nothing" he averted his gaze.

I knew exactly what had happened. My sister did this to him. She saw an Ashton and reacted exactly how any Larrunzario would.

"She did this didn't she?" I assumed.

There was a moment of silence, "what can I say" Uncle Nate started slowly "...Larrunzarios train their kids well"

The weight of his words crush the chambers of my chest.

"You mean my kid" dad snapped, his eyes filled with rage. "Why the fuck would you send us if you were-"

Uncle Nate was smarter then he lead on. He never did anything without a reason, "Because they knew" he answered firmly, moving away from Kat.

"Nate!" Aunt Kat yelled. "Do you want to bleed to death? Because I swear I'll let you!" She warned.

He rolls his eyes before sitting back down.

"They knew we were coming?" I cocked a brow.

Nate reverts his gaze back to us.

That's impossible, we came up with the plan just before it was put into action. There's no way they could have known.

"They seem to know what we are going to do before we even think it," Uncle Nate admitted, "they're always two steps ahead"

"You used us as a smokescreen" Michael raised his voice. "But it didn't work"

He sent us in to mislead them but it didn't work. They knew about both Nate and our team. They saw both coming. They knew. How could they have known?

"How did you get there before us?" Chace placed his hands onto his hips.

"That's what you're worried about?" Michael cocked a brow at Chace.

"How did you get back before us?" Dad asked.

"With a head injury?" I folded my arms.

Our first mistake was wasting our breath by asking. He never told us anything.

"Kids, I think we should forget about Katie" Aunt Kat started slowly, keeping her eyes on Uncle Nate's wound. "It's obvious, we're too late...she's one of them. There's no coming back from this"

"Kat's right" uncle Nate agreed.

There was no doubt in my mind that if this was regarding one of uncle Nate's children, he would have walked to the ends of the earth, killed whoever stepped foot in his way, in order to recover one of his children.

Was it because it wasn't one of his children in this scenario? Or because the family who took Katie was the Larrunzario's? Did he really fear them so much that he wouldn't so much as try?