Chapter 64

Hi all,

This is such an important yet emotional chapter from Chris's character. I suggest preparing the tissues.

Please vote if you enjoy this chapter.

Thank you

------------------------

I poured myself a cup of coffee slowly.

"You know we've got someone to do that for us" Uncle Jason said from beside me.

"Go fuck yourself" I snapped at him.

Chace wasn't a slave and it was about time everybody stopped treating him like one.

Sage and Jameson sat there quietly, eating their lucky charm cereal, not even paying attention to Uncle Jason and me.

"Hey, I am your uncle" uncle Jason screamed, "you don't get to speak to me in that way!"

That was 2010; the year of old flames.

This argument occurred July. That was a big month for my family for many reasons. Firstly, July was the start of the 2010-2011 Saga - the saga that changed my life, starting with Zac and Chris.

"Shit" Aunt Kat screamed as slamming her hands against the kitchen table "fucking hell"

"What is it?" Uncle Jared asked from beside her as Uncle Jason and I turned our heads in their direction.

"Chris" she shook her head as resting her left hand over her eyes. "He's at the Koleawiskis medical centre"

"what happened?" Valentina questioned as my heart sank.

My mind went into overdrive. Chris is at the medical centre? What the fuck happened to him?

"He was in a motorcycle accident" Aunt Kat informed us all.

I just stood there in shock.  I felt sick to my stomach as my mind kept going back to that phone call.

"Shit, fucking hell"

"What is it?"

"Chris...he's at the Koleawiskis medical centre"

"what happened?"

"He was in a motorcycle accident"

So it turned out that Chris was involved in a high-speed chase with the Jeremy crime family .

Chris could never ride a motorcycle well, Zac was always better than him so we'd get him to do it.

Although, since Zac was shot on nocte fractorum he hadn't been able to do many jobs; as a result, he was on light work, like driving. Zac hasn't stopped shaking due to his nervous system being affected when he was shot; if only he was never shot, then Chris would be fine.

A few hours later Zac came home.

I'll never forget Zac's face when I saw him after the accident, it resembled Chris's when Zac was shot. Zac just stood there, like he forgot how to speak, feel, or cry.

My pour cousin Chris; happiest kid you'd ever meet, that's why I couldn't see him. Cause I knew, if I saw him in the state that he was in, then every time I saw him that's all I'd see; an injured helpless child.

He was in a coma for three weeks; longest he ever went without speaking. I believed that he wouldn't come out of it because afterall, he was always so fragile.

Lila and Tyler; they had lost everybody. Both their parents, and in those few weeks, they were afraid they'd lose their kid brother too.

In my head, he'll always be that six-year-old boy who had just lost his mother to cancer; and the only way he could deal with it was to distract his mind with layers of humor.