Music's good for the Soul

*Ghost’s POV*

“This world will never be what I expected. And if I don't belong, who would have guessed it? I will not leave alone everything that I own, to make you feel like it's not too late,  it's never too late” Butterfly sang.

“Even if I say, it'll be alright, still I hear you say you want to end your life. Now and again we try to just stay alive. Maybe we'll turn it all around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late” Juliet joined.

“No one will ever see this side reflected, and if there's something wrong, who would have guessed it? And I have left alone, everything that I own, to make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late” I added.

“Even if I say, it'll be alright, still I hear you say you want to end your life. Now and again we try to just stay alive. Maybe we'll turn it all around ‘cause it's not too late, it's never too late.”  Juliet repeated.

“The world we knew won't come back. The time we've lost can't get back. The life we had won't be ours again. This world will never be, what I expected, and if I don't belong..” Monster joined.

“Even if I say, it'll be alright, still I hear you say you want to end your life. Now and again we try to just stay alive. Maybe we'll turn it all around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late. Maybe we'll turn it all around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late. It's not too late, it's never too late” We all sang together.

When we finished we just smiled at each other. “That was great.” Monster said quietly.

“Because it came from the heart.” Juliet replied with a huge smile on her face.

Clapping could be heard from outside. Juliet’s doctors and Jayy and Dahvie came in. “That was great kids.” Dr. Howard said astounded. 

“And music is really good for you.” Dr. Goode added rubbing Juliet’s shoulder.

“Truly amazing.” Dahvie joined.

“Thanks guys.” Juliet responded.

“Have anything else?” Jayy asked.

“Well..” Monster mumbled. “I have a little something written..”

“Really?!” Butterfly looked at him astonished. “You wrote something?!”

He nodded. “Wanna hear?”

“Duh!” The band exclaimed at once.

“Okay..” He took a deep breath and began. “I loved you, I gave it all. You had all of me, every insignificant piece. I couldn’t love no one more than I did for you, never will again. You took everything I gave and you threw it all away. I tried so hard to make you change your mind, begged you to see past my flaws. You shook your head, walked away. You slammed the door upon my heart. All I wanted was for your love and mine to mix and last forever. Couldn’t we just last forever?  We started out so nice. Two hearts longing for one another, needing each other to survive. You loved me like no tomorrow, where did that go? When did you ever start loving another, when did I begin to be not enough? I tried so hard to change your mind, begged for you to see past my flaws. You shook your head, walked away. You slammed the door upon my heart. All I ever wanted was for your love and mine to mix forever. Couldn’t we just last forever? I loved you, I gave it all. You had all of me, threw it all away. Threw my poor defenseless heart away. I will never love another, will never trust again. You ruined me forever, made a mess of who I’m supposed to be. I promised you forever, that’s how long I’ll love you, though I’ll never get you back. I tried so hard to change your mind, begged for you to see past my flaws. You shook your head, walked away. You slammed the door upon my heart, canceling the love forever. I’ll never be the same, not again. All I ever wanted was for your love and mine to mix and last forever. Couldn’t we just last forever? Oh couldn’t we just last forever?” He looked up at us, waiting.

The band was silent. We couldn’t think of anything to say. It was a beautiful song. But tragically sad as well. A song like that only came from experiences.. Poor Monster. He’d been through a lot. 

He coughed uneasily. “So..” He tried breaking the silence. “What’d you think?” 

“I think that’s going to be amazing live.” Butterfly answered.

“You mean to everyone else?”  He asked. We nodded. Monster proceeded to shake his head vigorously. “No, uh-uh. Not happening. This song is too private.”

“Monster..” Juliet put her hand on his arm. “The song is so beautiful that it needs to be sung to the fans we’ll have.”

“ Are you sure?”

I nodded. 

He sighed. “Fine.”

The doctors smiled. “We’ll leave you to it then.” Dr. Howard said. “Oh and Juliet will be able to leave tonight.”

Applause filled the room. “One week was definitely enough.” Jayy said smiling. 

Juliet stopped celebrating. Her eyes widened as though how long she’d been here finally hit her. She paled and shook her head, bringing a smile back to her face before anyone noticed. But the smile wasn’t the same. It was too fake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know, I took way too long to update. I didn't have working wifi, it was being weird. Hopefully, I'll be updating more often now that it's working. 

This chapter is kinda shit, I know. Hopefully the next one will be better. I hope you enjoyed it anyways.

~xoxo Ashee <3