Dinner, Judgement and Fan Girls

The waitress gave us a funny look. But of course, everyone does. First, a man with black and green hair, bright red eyes(contacts, duh.), and a lot of makeup on wearing goggles in his hair, cut-off pants and a Domo shirt. Then a teenage girl with bright pink hair, white eyes, and Andy Biersacks old warpaint wearing colourful fishnets, jean shorts, and a BOTDF shirt.

"Are you sure this is the place you'd like to eat?" She asked. There was a spark of hope in her eyes. She really wanted us gone.

"Yep." Dad replied happily. He never really seemed to notice when people didn't want him around. "My mom told me the food here was great."

"The food's also great at Burger King." She suggested.

"I wouldn't have thought you were supposed to make us leave the restaurant you work at." I said, my eyes narrowing. "We are paying costumers. We're here to eat."

She looked around uncomfortably then sighed. "This way." She told us, leading the way to a table for two. She handed us a couple of menus. "I hope you enjoy our food." She faked a smile and left.

"That was weird." Dad said.

"What was?" I asked looking at my menu.

"She tried to get us to leave." He said frowning.

"That's not weird." I sighed. "That's how most people are." He looked confused. "I'm surprised you noticed."

He shook off his thoughts and looked at his menu. "Let's see... she said the fish was great.."

"Anything not meat related Grandma mentioned was good?" I'm on a diet. And a vegetarian. Meat wasn't about to happen.

"She said the garden salad was good."

Probably as good as it was going to get anyways. There wasn't really anything not meat related on the menu. I waved over a waitress.

She gave me a dirty look. "What?!" She asked sharply.

"What else is there for vegetarians?" I asked ignoring her tone. "Other than the Garden Salad."

"Carrots." She answered.

"That's it?" She nodded. "I'll take a small Garden Salad with some carrots then."

She wrote my order down on her pad. "And you?" She looked at Dad expectantly.

"I think I'll have some fish with a side of fries." He told her with a smile.

"Which fish?" She asked.

He thought about it. "Suggest something."

She nodded and left.

"Now," Dad started. "About these haters."

I looked at Dad sheepishly. "I didn't want to get you worried." I told him.

"So me yelling at them didn't help?" He said with a frown.

I laughed. "No Dad, it didn't." I shook my head. "I think it just got worse." I noticed someone a little across the room on the phone staring at us. I had a terrible feeling.

"What should we try then?" He asked.

I looked away from the person. "Uhmm..." I thought about it. "Show them I'm good at something?"

He laughed. "You're good at quite a bit."

"Fish and Salad." I looked up to see the waitress with our food.

"Thank you." Dad and I said in unison. She set our food down and left.

"Shoot."

"What?" I asked.