fourteen

"Sleep in heavenly peace." The Avonlea's choir finish singing earning a clap from the audience and for Anne, a wide smile from her now, parents. She fills with joy, until she realises who she is missing, which make her chest somehow deflate. Gilbert.

Gilbert had been gone for a year now and Anne was missing him, but she just wouldn't admit it. She missed his smile, his teasing and the competition at school. Its was easy for her, she had nothing to look forward to.

"That was amazing Anne! And your solo was... phenomenal!" Marilla said with a small tear in her eye. Matthew agreed.

They got back to Green Gables and all sat around the Christmas tree doing different prayers that Anne had learned over the period of time she had been at green gables.

"Okay Anne, time for bed!" She says then kisses me on the head. I walk up the creaky stairs thinking about Ruby. At first, she seemed horrible. Now, she is lovely. But she likes Gilbert, Anne thinks to herself with a sad expression.

She hops into bed and humming 'Silent Night', her new favourite Christmas song. Slowly, she starts drifting off to sleep.

-

"Wake up, Anne! It's Christmas!" Matthew shouts waking Anne up from her slumber. A wave of excitement suddenly comes across Anne as she jumps out of her bed and runs downstairs. Under the Christmas tree there is a rectangular shaped box, for her.

"Ooh" She says sitting down with Matthew and Marilla as she starts to open it.

Inside the box there is a beautiful white dress with lots of frills and... puffed sleeves!

"This is exquisite! Thank youuuuu! " She shouts.

That's when the door opens...

There stands Gilbert, look more handsome than before. His dimples somehow seem more amazing and he has grown even more taller!

"Gilbert?" Anne says softly. "Gilbert!" She shouts. "Oh I've missed you ever so much!" She says and embraces him in the biggest bear hug ever.

<3

Well... this is cringe.

Hopefully this isn't to early, but I'm just too excited!

Sorry haven't been active recently, I had a lot of school work blah blah blah blahhh. Hope you enjoy though!

-Emily (@boxofmemories)