[18]

Dan and Phil sat across from each other, blushing like giddy idiots.

They had just declared their love for each other. There was nothing left to say. What else could they say?

Their faces were inches apart. They could feel the tension heating between them, but neither one wanted to make the first move.

"Uh.. so..." Dan said nervously.

"Hey Dan?" Phil said. Dan thought he saw Phil's eyes flash down to Dan's lips, but they moved too fast for Dan to be sure.

"Yeah?" Dan replied.

"Can I kiss you?" Phil asked.

Dan's face blushed. If he wasn't blushing before, then he sure was blushing now. "Yeah, of course." Dan said.

Phil smiled slightly. He placed his hands on either sides of Dan's face. Phil could feel Dan's soft skin under his hands, he could feel the way Dan's sharp jawline felt.

Dan looked into Phil's bright blue eyes, that weren't pure blue. They had little specks of green and yellow in them. They were more beautiful than Dan could have ever thought.

Phil leaned in, and Dan did the same. Dan and Phil closed their eyes as they got closer and closer.

Dan felt Phil's lips on his. It was immediate butterflies - no, it was more like an electric shock, lighting up every nerve on his body. His head was filled with a euphorious buzzing, that came rushing down his spinal chord, filling everywhere in his body with electricity.

Phil had kissed Matt many times, but he had never felt Dan's kiss. The kiss he had wanted for so long. It was perfect. Butterflies were everywhere. His head, his arms, his heart, his toes, his stomach. Everywhere.

Dan pulled away, but their faces were still so close. "I love you, Phil Lester." Dan said, cupping his hands on the back of Phil's neck.

Dan leaned in, and his lips touched Phil's once again. The kiss was more familiar this time. It was less like the original shock, and more like love, spreading through their bodies.

Phil pulled away, but just barely. "I love you, Dan Howell." Phil said, moving his hands from Dan's face to where his arms were encompassing Dan's waist, holding them closer together.

They kissed again. And again. And again.

They had wanted to do this for so long. It had taken months since the time they first shared detention together to finally realize that this is where they're supposed to be. Together.

Phil pulled away. He smiled at Dan. Not a friendly smile, but a loving smile. One that said everything that ever needed to be said about his feelings for Dan.

"I love you, Dan." Phil said, then planting a kiss on Dan's cheek. "I will do everything to make you happy."

Dan placed a quick kiss on Phil's nose. "There's nothing in this world that could make me not love you." Dan said.

Phil smiled, that damn loving smile again, and pulled Dan in for another kiss.

The boys were on that bed, together, for what felt like hours. They were kissing, smiling, telling each other how much they love each other over and over again. They had lost so much time from when they first fell for each other, and they wanted to make up for all of it.

Dan's phone buzzed. He glanced at it quickly, and it was a text from his mom, telling him to get home. "Oh god, Phil, I have to go." Dan said, getting up off the bed.

"Wait, Dan, before you go-" Phil said, jumping off the bed too. "I just need to ask you this." Phil grabbed Dan by the waist, pulling Dan to him. Phil held Dan tightly, their bodies pressed up together. Phil leaned his head in so that his and Dan's foreheads were touching. Dan smiled at this tender affection, and put his arms over Phil's shoulders.

"What's your question?" Dan whispered.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Phil asked. He was nervous. Even though Phil was almost certain that Dan would say yes, his nagging sense of anxiety told him otherwise.

Dan didn't respond, but instead connected their lips in a tender, passionate kiss. When Dan pulled away, he immediately said, "Yes. Of course."

Phil smiled, happier than ever that Dan was his boyfriend.

"What about Matt, though?" Dan asked.

"He doesn't matter." Phil said. He kissed Dan quickly. "I'll figure it out. Now go home before your mom gets worried."

"I love you, Phil." Dan said as he exited Phil's room.

For the first time in a long, long time, Dan Howell felt truly happy.