[3]

The rest of Dan's day was shit. All the kids at school wouldn't stop laughing at him for being the kid who cussed out another at lunch and then proceeded to cry about it.

Dan kept wanting to yell at those kids, "I cried because all of you make me want to kill myself!" but never did. Explaining to his parents why he was getting detention for a week was going to be difficult.

***

Phil spent the rest of the day getting on well with his life, although he did feel a bit bad for Dan. He always gets treated bad, and now it got a lot worse. And Phil couldn't help but feel like it was his fault.

***

Dan walked home. It was a normal occurrence. He only lived a mile from the school, so walking home wasn't a big deal. Usually he put in his headphones and let his music bide the time. But this time Dan was rehearsing his way to explain to his parents that he had detention for a week, all for mounting off. Oh this was going to be a fun night.

***

Phil hung out with his friends for over an hour after school. The group was hanging out in the courtyard of the school. Gossiping, having fun.

All his friends had one of their arms slung over their girlfriend's shoulders. Phil's crowd, evidently being the popular group, almost always had girlfriends.

"C'mon, Philly. We gotta get you a girlfriend too!" One of his friends said.

Phil laughed. His sexuality wasn't hidden from the guys, but a lot of time they forgot it wasn't straight.

"No, remember our Philly is into the bum sex!" One of his other friends said.

The group laughed.

"Seriously, bro, aren't you lonely?" One of the friends said. "I mean, I can hardly survive a day without my baby." He then proceeded to kiss his girlfriend.

"I mean, yeah." Phil said. "But not many other guys are into.... guys, you know?"

"And you're not even into girls a little bit?"

"All gay, sorry." Phil said, laughing.

"You should be sorry for the ladies!" The group roared with laughter.

Phil's phone started to ring. He looked at the caller ID to see who it was. Mum.

"Sorry guys, I gotta take this call." He said, walking away from the group and taking the call. "Hey mum what's up?" He said.

"I just got off of work, and I was wondering how good you are on your meds." Phil's mum said.

"I have enough to last me another week." Phil said. "So I'm fine."

"And they're working for you?" Phil's mum asked. "They're doing what they're supposed to?"

"Yes, Mum, they're perfect." Phil said. "You don't have to ask me every five minutes."

"I know, but I just want my Philly to be happy." Phil's mum said.

"I am, Mum." Phil said. "I'm gonna let you go now."

"Okay. Love you!"

"Love you too." Phil said. "Bye." He hung up the phone and went back to his friends.

***

Dan unlocked the door to his house and walked inside. It was empty, all for the dog that came running at him.

"Oh, hello Susan!" Dan said, kneeling down to pet the medium sized dog. Dan used to hate his parents for naming a dog Susan, but now Dan found it mostly comical.

Susan went back to laying on her favorite spot on the floor and Dan retreated to
his room. He opened the door to see his room, his sanctuary away from the world.

He got out his homework and started to work on it. Even if he was going to get a royal beating from his parents when he told them he got a weeks detention, this homework grade wouldn't change.