Deer in Headlights

Recap:

When I was done getting sick I just sat on the bathroom floor thinking. I laid against the wall while holding my head cause I had the biggest headache. I just looked up to the ceiling and signed.

What is this?

------------------------

Emily's POV:

My mom walked downstairs yelling my name but I had no strength to yell back so I just resumed sitting there on the floor. I coughed and then all the sudden I heard my mom run to the bathroom. "Oh my god honey, you look like a ghost. Are you hot? Maybe you have a fever" She bent down next to me, touched my face, looked in the toilet and then flushed it. She told me to go rest on the couch. I didn't even think I had the energy to get up off this hard wooden floor but I did. I slowly walked over to the couch not feeling like myself. I plopped down and just signed. My mom came over with some medicine and a ice pack. I took the medicine and laid the ice pack on my forehead and just closed my eyes. I fell asleep for about 5 minutes until I coughed (which made my whole body hurt) And then took a sip of my Gatorade my mom must have brought over when I was sleeping. My mom came back into the living room "Hun, do you want me to call Asa?"

"Um, I'm not worried about that right now I just want to go to sleep." I said. I was worried but not about him. I've never been this sick so I just needed to sleep.

My mom kissed my head and then I slowly took my time walking up the stairs. When I reached my room I sat my bed, put my hands through my hair and then felt a tear hit my cheek. It hurts. My whole body hurts. There has to be something going on inside of me but I doubt I'm going to figure it out.

I laid down on my pillow and just let the cool air blow from my fan on top of me. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

~3 hours later~

"MOM!!! MOM COME HERE" I didn't know what was going on I suddenly woke up screaming. I looked down at my body and there was vomit everywhere. My mom rushed in my room. "What happened sweetie??"

I just started crying. I had no strength to say or do anything. My mom walked over to my dresser, picks up the phone and I hear her say "Yes, My daughter is very ill, and I can't take her to the hospital in time or she might get sick again."

My heart dropped. I hated going to the hospital and what will Asa do when I tell him? Maybe I won't. He will have to find out himself.

About 10 minutes later I hear sirens. I looked out my bedroom window and saw an ambulance pull into my driveway. At least 3 men, with a stretcher, came closer to my house. Now I had no strength. I was just so tired I just wanted to fall asleep. And I did.

~ 20 minutes later ~

I woke up in a truck that was going at least 80 miles per hour. There were men overtop of me and one of them were holding an oxygen mask to my mouth and the other was checking my blood pressure. I looked up and saw my mom standing there on the truck crying.

Before I knew it, I was getting rushed into the hospital by these men yelling at nurses and doctors to check on me. They laid me on this emergency room bed that felt like a bitch. I was so uncomfortable but I can't complain cause I was half asleep.

I saw a male nurse come in and started talking to me. To be honest, he wasn't that bad. And I mean looking, but again, I was half asleep.

In an amount of seconds I feel my mom rub on my arm and say that "It's going to be ok" and then I felt a sharp pain go into my skin. Slowly but all at once. I could feel the needle inside of me. I could see the nurse take blood from my arm.

I shut my eyes in anguish. Tears slowly rolled down my face. Now, I'm not a baby I just didn't see that one coming. You bastard of a nurse. I thought you wee cute. You just ruined the whole thing

I got super lightheaded and sweaty. My mom, after about 2 minutes of taking blood from my body said "It's all over now."

I tried siting up but it was hard cause I was connected to so many damn machines. I just realized that they took the oxygen mask off of my face. Which I'm glad cause my mouth was getting sweaty and itchy from that thing. But now I have to wear nasal cannula, Which is the plastic thing that you stick up each nostril to get oxygen. Yeah, My nose has never itched more in my life.

I was feeling a little but better, I still couldn't sit up so I just laid on the uncomfortable emergency room bed feeling all sweaty and gross. The male nurse walked in again and informed us that they drew my blood for tests to see what was going on with me and that he or the doctor would be back shortly with test results. Which is complete bullshit. That's why I hate coming to this damned hospital because they lie. They say that they will be back shortly, which really means in about 1 or 2 hours.

So to pass time I fell back asleep.

-------------

As I wake up I here the doctors talking to my mom. I kinda blow them off for a minute and looked at my phone. I had 4 texts for Asa.

Hey (:

Hey what are you up to?

Are you okay?

Emily, what's going on.. you always text back.

I didn't really want to tell him I was in the hospital because he would freak. But I just had to. Its the right thing to do. Plus, it's not like I'm dying.

Hey Asa! I'm sorry I haven't texted you, don't freak out but I'm in the hospital.. I still don't feel well. gtg <3

Im surprised I had the brawn to even lift a finger.

A couple minutes later I hear my mom sniff, I looked up from scrolling on tumblr, and stared at my mom. She looked like a deer in headlights.

The doctor started talking. "Emily, I'm sorry but-"

----------------------------------

Sorry it took so long for this chapter! I hope you guys dig it :) Leave a comment guessing what the doctor might say!

REMEMBER: Like, vote, share, comment <3

Jillian ~