The Last Days

I rolled up to my room, and saw my mom standing there. She looked upset. "So how did that go?" she asked. "I told him, and he is ok." i said looking down at the floor. "And..?" she asked looking down at me. "We might have kissed." I looked up and smiled. My mom came over and gave me a big hug. She took my wig and set it on the table bedside the bed. She helped me get settled and then she got herself settled. "Goodnight Emily." "Goodnight mom."

I was tossing and turning all night. I'm not sure if it was because 1. I made up with Asa, 2. I made OUT with Asa, or 3. because I'm still in this hell hole. I looked at my phone and was blinded by the light. The time read 3:47 am. Ugh. I texted Asa.

Asa, I can't sleep.

A couple minutes went by and my phone made a chirping noise. I quickly put it on silent and read the text.

Me neither :)

I smiled and we started texting back and forth until I was fast asleep.

-
When I finally woke up, again, my mom was watching tv. "Morning, mom," I said. "Morning." I looked at my phone and saw I had another text. From Asa.

Emily, I really love you.

I smiled and looked up, and Asa was standing there with roses and a teddy bear. I slowly got up and hug him. I really missed him.
"Hey Em, I thought I'd come and surprise you. I know it's early but I couldn't wait any longer after what happened last night."
I started blushing.
"Also, I'm not going to America until you can go with me." he smiled. "Asa.. what?" I asked in shock. "I want you to come to the states with me when you are out of the hospital." I looked down at my thumbs twiddling. "Asa,-" I took a breathe, "it's not that simple. I will be here for awhile." I said with tears filling up in my eyes. He looked up. "Oh, well, then. I will sit next to you everyday until you get out." he walked over to me and kissed my forehead. Right as I was about to say something, I was interrupted by Mrs.Whitmore walking into the room. She didn't look very happy. She pulled a chair over and sat down. She sighed and then spoke. "Emily, I have good news and I have bad news." she looked down at the floor. I didn't even get a word in before she spoke again. "But I have to tell you the bad news first." she put her hand on my leg and sighed again. Oh my god, she is not gonna say what I think she is going to say. "I'm sorry, but you only have a week left. Your body isn't responding to the chemo as well as we thought it would. The Cancer is in your bones and is gradually spreading throughout your whole body. Usually, we would try to treat this more but unfortunately we can't do anything else due to you being sick for so long before you came in. You have had this Cancer for about a year but it was slowly showing its way up in your body. I'm so sorry to have to be the one informing. This is the only thing I hate about my job."

I was already bawling by then. Asa stood up, also bawling. "No!! You have to do something, you can't just NOT try or do anything-" "I am so sorry but we have tried everything. We will release you tomorrow so you can enjoy your last days with your loved ones. I'm sorry." Mrs. Whitmore said once again. She slowly stood up and walked out the door. I looked over at my mom, she was on the bed sobbing. "Mom.." Asa helped me up and I went over to my mom's bed and we all sat there crying.
My last days. What should I do? I asked myself.
Everything.