Chapter 20

Over breakfast at Tim Hortons Nick told Lina that he was making dinner for them that night. She could go out later in the afternoon, with security of course and buy something to wear since this dinner was going to be extra special. He in the meantime would go do some grocery shopping and be back. Lina could see the excitement in his eyes shining in anticipation. She couldn't believe her stars how lucky she was, her life was getting better and whatever she went through brought her to this very moment. She met a caring man who was easy on the eyes too. Even after all the shit she has been through the past week, she was happy now. Nick made her happy and she hoped nothing would change that. If things did change she knew she would be devastated, maybe it would take a lot of time to pick up the pieces but at this point of time she was grateful and wouldn't regret meeting him.

Later that afternoon she stopped at Roodo Drive and picked up a red silk dress along with a rose gold brooch. She also picked up rose gold heels that would pair beautifully with the outfit.

She got home and saw Nick busy prepping in the kitchen whistling. He told her she isn't allowed in the kitchen everything is a surprise and it's best if she goes and naps until dinner tonight. She agreed, it is probably a good idea to take a nap before dinner. The medications were still making her weak, they were draining her energy and she didn't want to fall asleep at the table, after all the effort Nick has taken.

As she entered her room she saw a blue and white Tiffany box on the dresser. It has always been her dream to get something in a blue and white box, imagining that in air is sparkling as she opens the box. A note was attached to it. "To the girl who sparkles my life. I will be at your door at 7:30." She opened it and inside it was a sparkling light blue chandelier earning. Lina gasped they looked so gorgeous. She contemplated sleeping with them.

At 7:30 on the dot, there was a knock on the door. I sprayed my favorite Versace Crystal Noir as I headed towards the bedroom door. Standing before me was Nick looking so breathtaking, wear grey slacks and blue pinstripe blazer with a grey pocket square over a crisp white shirt. I was drooling over him instead of the smell of the food.

"You can close your mouth, I know I look good." He grinned

I blushed furiously as he continued "But you my dear, make my heart stop. I see you got my present."

"Thank you. The earrings are gorgeous I don't think I will ever remove them." I said
"Sure keep them on next time we are mattress dancing." Nick winked.

We walked down the stairs, my arm entwined in his, his hand softly caressing mine as he led me to the dining room. Soft white linen all around with candles lit, made it look so cozy. Miles Davis was playing at the background, I heard him pop open a bottle of white wine. Dinner was oysters as starters and tortellini with truffles as main course . I literally moaned when I tasted the Tortellini. This was the best dinner I had, there was so much love in it.

"Lina when you make noises like that, I just want to carry you over my shoulder and take you to bed. Ravish and have my way with you."

I couldn't stop blushing. I could feel the tingling sensation course through me, hearing him talk. How could he find me so desirable.

"I have another gift for you Lina." He softly spoke as he removed another tiny box wrapped in red ribbon. "I know you have been through a lot. I want you to know that I will be there for you. We might be moving fast but at this point in time, we mesh well together. When you sleep next to me, your body fits perfectly into mine. Your neck was built to cradle my face. I can't imagine not waking up next to you. I want to tell you that I love you Lina."
I took it and opened it slowly and looked at him with tears in my eyes.