Chapter 4

Next morning I dressed up in a grey skirt suit. the skirt was a bit too tight since I was on the bigger side. Aliya lent me some cash saying I better shop for some clothes for interview, I could pay her later. She wished me luck and told me to update her once I was done.

I hailed a cab and made it to the office just in time for my interview. The office was massive, i went over to the reception where a nice middle aged lady sitting.

 Hi Hun, you here for the interview?

I nodded.

Why don't you walk in and wait, someone will call you in she replied

There were 3 other candidates, one of the girls looked like her cleavage was her CV, it was bursting out of her pink lace bra and her top. Based on what I heard about the boss, I was pretty sure she was going to nail the interview in more ways than one. It didn't look like I stood a chance I thought to myself.

Just then one of the girls came crying out, this one was wearing a blue lace bra.  

Lina your next a lady called out, I was having second thoughts, I really didn't want to go out crying and i didn't even have the perfect bra on.

 So Lina please take a seat. I am Mack,he was facing the window and his back was towards me, the view did look spectacular. 

Tell me about yourself, what experiences do you have?

He turned and looked at me. The look of surprise was written all over his face, I am guessing he wasn't expecting someone as plain as me, plus my bra wasn't showing.

You're not Nick's type he exclaimed

Excuse me!  

You are not Nick's type, when he recommended you I thought you would be one of those skinny girls.

My eyes started tearing up, I could'nt believe it. it looked like the main criteria for this interview was skinny and i was nowhere close to being skinny. i wasn't going to put myself through this torture. 

Listen Mack I am sorry to disappoint but you don't have to be so rude, you're not that good looking yourself.I came looking for a job and not to be your show piece or to screw you.

I got up to leave.

Lina wait. Mack reached to my side.

Aren't you a feisty one. Listen that not what I meant. Please take a seat. This is the first time someone said I am not good looking. I thought Nick would send me a girl who had the looks and no brains, don't tell him I said that. But when I saw you, you look intelligent and professional,like someone who knew how to dress for an interview. Did you see the girls out there? You would think this a lingerie modelling agency.

I smiled, he did have a point.

So can we finish this interview. he asked politely

30 minutes later Mack said the job was mine I could start the next week.

I was ecstatic, I thanked him so much. Outside i saw the lady saying that the position has been filled, the girls were begging to at least let them be interviewed by him. the receptionist just shooed them out. 

I called Aliya and told her I got the job I begin work next week. Aliya screamed on the phone.

I  walked out of the building with a big smile on my face, when I saw Nick standing by his car, my heart stopped,he looked dashing in a  black jeans and white shirt, showing the tiny curls on his chest. He noticed me staring at him and smirked.  

My heart start beating faster. I quickly ended my call with Aliya told her I would meet her at home later in the evening. I walked towards him

So how did it go?