Chapter 7

Nick thought to himself, Lina must be so disappointed and hurt right now. She has feelings for Mack, you could see it in her eyes. She just found out that Mack was getting it on with her cousin. Maybe this was a good thing, Mack would soon get bored and move on from Aliya and Lina would see the what a player he was. Nick knew he was no different but he didn't want to see Lina get hurt.

It was such a pleasant walk to his house, the weather was perfect, we talked about random things, trying best to ignore the tension crackling between us. We reached a posh gated community, with massive villas, adorned with artistic trimmings, lamp posts and huge lawns. The security took us in the golf cart, I sat next to him and his musky scent making me heady. We stopped at this huge villa, with porch lamps leading up to the door. The door opened to a gorgeous view of the lobby, decorated with images of Nick and Buckles. I was lost in the decor and surroundings, while in the distant I could hear Nick shouting. No Buckles! Buckles No! As I turned I see Nick step in front of me as Buckles jumped on him, taking him down. Licking him, before making his way to me. Nick held him by the collar and told him to go to his bed. Buckles dropped his head down and complaining as he walked away.

"Don't fall for that face, he uses puppies eyes to the full extent. You want something to eat? I am not sure what my cook has made but I'm sure there will be something." Nick said.

"No thank you. I'm good." I replied.

As we walked past the hall which led to the most splendid waterfront view. I couldn't stop gaping. Nick noticed and asked "by the looks of it I am assuming you would like to sit out?"
"Yes, the view is too stunning not to sit out" I replied.
As I was walking out, from the corner of my eye I could see him set his vinyl up, I heard the soft voice of Norah Jones singing come away with me come alive. I kicked my shoes off and felt the damp grass under my feet. The slight tickle adding to the range of emotions I was going through. I was here in Nicks house, had a little too much to drink,the setting was perfect. Stars glimmering up above, the soft grass under my feet, the water streaming by, a slight breeze causing the leaves to rustle and blend to the beat of Norah Jones. I took a seat and let out a deep sigh, this was absolutely perfect. At this moment my pains and my troubles felt insignificant.

Nick stopped and stared at Lina, her skin was luminous by the moonlight, he wanted to feel that skin, he longed to touch her and to hold her. He smiled inwardly as he saw her kick off her shoes, brush the grass with her toes and unknowingly sway to the tune of Norah Jones. He could stand here and stare at her forever.

Nick walked in carrying two glasses, an ice bucket and a bottle of Glenfiddich.
"This night deserves a single malt don't you think?" He said

I nodded my head in agreement and said "Your home is absolutely stunning, the tranquility and the view" I don't know how you leave and go to work. If I stayed here, I would not move."

"Yes it is quite beautiful, I do most of my thinking here. Helps me clear my mind. But right now what I am thinking about is here, so my mind is all over the place." Nick whispered

I blushed not sure how to respond. As he poured the drink, the swishing sound of liquid hitting the ice cut through the silence. He handed me my drink and swept the hair off my cheeks slightly caressing it. I shivered. What was between us was like current. It was powerful, I looked into his eyes, willing him to do something, anything, all he had to do was ask I would be his.

The door bell rang and broke the spell between us. I looked questioningly at him. He read my mind "Don't know who is here at this hour, I will be back. Let me check. Enjoy your drink and don't go anywhere."

I could hear a woman's shrill voice. Maybe I was intruding, he must have had plans with someone. The slight ting of pain made me want to run in the other direction. I thought of sneaking out but the only way was through the main door. I could hear footsteps heading my way.

As I turned I could see Sophie walk in, a little wobbly and hanging on to Nick.
" You! What are you doing here?" She said.
Nick interjected "she's my guest, why don't I get you a glass of water Sophie"
I heard the warmth and the concern in his voice. I didn't want to be here, I wanted another portal to open up so I could just bury my self in it. This wasn't my place. Nick dated girls like Sophie and pitied girls like me.

"Listen bitch! I know what you're trying to do. Trying to get your claws in him so you can get his money. Let me give you some advice, you're wasting your time. Nick uses girls like you for entertainment, at the end of the day he will marry girls like me who have class. So that money is coming to me." She shoved my shoulder.

I couldn't help getting teary eyed up but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction, I had enough of her spite. "If you had class you wouldn't have turned up here like a homeless drunk hoping to get in his pants." I shot back.

I felt the smack on my face before I could see it coming. Suddenly I was pinned under her and she was slapping me and tugging at my hair and my dress. What was happening, I tried to push her off and fight back. For a drunk skinny woman Sophie was heavy. Nick ran back after hearing the commotion and swiftly plucked Sophie off of me. Even during the barrage of blows raining down on me all i was thinking was Nick wouldn't be able to do that if it was me, I was too heavy.
"What the fuck Sophie, calm down what is happening" Nick yelled

"That slut there called me names and insulted me.She hit me first, I wasn't going to keep quiet" Sophie whined

"I did not, she threatened me" I insisted.

"Why don't you have some water and we can talk about this" Nick soothed her

Instead of taking the glass water Sophie grabbed the whisky glass and downed it in one sweep. "Ooh something was in this water, I am feeling woozy" she slurred. "I am going to sleep Nick,after you send her away come tuck me in ok" she continued.

Nick was torn between following her and staying with me. He looked down at me and raised his eyes and looked away. I realized my dress was torn and it showed the bruises, the bruises I carried from my past.I tried to cover it up, hoping he didn't see it. He helped me up and said "I will go make sure she is ok and be right back, we need to talk after"

Authors Note:
My lovely readers please don't forget to vote, comment and share.