Chapter 8

Ofcourse he will go make sure she is ok, they are sleeping together and I was just an obstacle. He probably had to calm her down and apologize to her. I always created problems for others. I downed my drink, felt the burn of the whisky course through me and decided it was best if I head back home. I picked up my shoes and had one last look at this beautiful surroundings and made my way towards the main door.

Nick voice echoed in the quiet house "Do you always try to sneak away, when I tell you I will be back?"

"I thought I would head home, it is late and you need to take care of Sophie. I do not want to be a hassle" I replied shyly.

"You are not going anywhere Lina, the only person I am taking care of right now is you. I got many spare rooms, Sophie has slept in mine so I will be sleeping in the one next to yours. Come let me show you and give you something to change into." he instructed.

My heart fluttered at his words, he wanted to take care of me. It made me feel all kinds of  feelings. Oh it was time I snapped out of this, I was falling through a rabbit hole. He comes over, holds my hand and tugs me towards him "You are staying here tonight" he says softly. His touch sent a shiver down my spine.

We walk up to the guest room, a nice lavender aroma welcomed me. Immediately I felt relief and my stress started to wear away. He walks me to the seat at the end of the bed and makes me sit. He goes to the bathroom and returns with a tiny medical kit. I flinch not because he is about to touch me, but I don't want him to see the wounds and the bruises from my past.

He looks up at me and softly says "You don't have to be afraid Lina, I already saw what you are trying to hide and I won't hurt you." He delicately moved my torn dress away, cleaned my wounds and wipe away the bruises, as his hand travelled up my thigh I shuddered. Hoping that he would feel my heat and how wet I was getting by his caressing touches. I felt his hand tighten. He looked up with anger in his eyes and growled "Who did this to you?".

I looked down and saw the bruises left behind by Jack. They were fading now but the emotional pain still remained. How could I have loved a man who instilled fear in my heart and treated me so cruelly if I didn't do as he ordered.

"Tell me who is it? When did this happen?" Nick insisted.

Tears welled up my eyes. I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't want him to see me as weak and stupid.I was not broken, not damaged goods.

He sits besides me and wraps his arms around me. "You don't have to tell me now" he says softly "but I hope one day you trust me enough to tell me. Come, why don't you change and I will get you into bed."

He gave me a shirt of his and I slipped it on. It smelled fresh and recently laundered. I was hoping it smelled of him. He tucked me, kissed my forehead and whispered "I am next door, if you need anything at anytime please come to me" There was so much meaning in those words. What I needed right now was him to lie next to me and hold me. To snuggle next to me and kiss my shoulder bone. But I couldn't stake claim to what is Sophie's so I responded "Thank you Nick for being so kind. Good night!"

And he walked away while I dozed off with a heavy heart.

Nick reluctantly walked to the room next door, he wanted to stay with Lina, wanted to hold her and comfort her. He didn't expect Sophie to come over, she was getting too clingy and he broke it off with her long back. He felt bad for her, he knew Sophie hoped to get engaged and married to him by now. When he heard the commotion and ran out and saw Sophie on top of Lina. He wanted to yank her off, but he paused, his eyes caught the bruises on Lina's thigh. Her dress was torn up to her thighs and when he saw the bluish tinge on her creamy white thighs, it brought out rage in him. Who was responsible for it? Who would hurt her? He felt the pain shoot up his heart when he saw her eyes tear up, when he questioned her. He wanted to wipe away the pain and the tears. He tossed and turned all night. He couldn't sleep because right now he wanted to lie next to her. To get the whiff of her as he snuggled next to her, to feel her soft hair and to comfort her, to promise her that no one would do that to her again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I woke up the next morning when the door opened with a loud thud. Sophie bustled in, I could see the anger in her face. "Where is Nick?"

"He is sleeping in the next room" I replied.

"Bet you tired to get your paws on him, he's better than that. He would never go for a fat waste like you."

She breezed out and with her fake voice walked into Nick's room. Her words made me want to bury myself in bed. But then I heard yelling and stuff being thrown, it quietened down and then I heard the door slam. Why was I here, I don't like drama or yelling. I heard a soft knock on the door, Nick walked in as I sat on my bed.

"Hey you! Good morning! How are you feeling?" he asked softly

"A bit sore, my back feels weird but other than that I am good" I replied. "Can I ask about the yelling?"

"Well Sophie didn't like that I told her off about her getting drunk and hitting you. So she said she can't believe that I am siding with you and she is going to leave if I treated her like this, I told her I was going to ask her to leave anyways"

I smiled inwardly.

"Anyway why don't you freshen up and come down for breakfast" he said and with that he brushed the hair off my face and walked out.

I freshened up and realized I didn't have anything to wear, my dress was torn and all I had was Nicks tee which reached just below my butt. I had no choice but to walk down with his tee. As I walked in I could smell soft buttery pancakes and a warm aroma of tea, food always made everything better.

Nick saw her walk in with his shirt on her, time stood still for him. It was the most sexiest thing he had ever seen.

"Omg the pancakes and tea smell heavenly" Lina moaned.

That moan made his man parts tighten, he wanted to catch that moan on his lips, nibble on those plump pink lips and feel it taste him. He was so glad he was standing behind the kitchen counter so she couldn't see what she was doing to him. She savored it like it was the best thing in her life right now. He wanted to be that thing. He thought it was time to learn how to cook.

"I didn't know you could cook" she stated

"Well I don't exactly cook, I just dabble here and there, I just enjoy it when I have the time" I replied

"This is delicious" she replied "hmmm Nick I know its too early, but could I borrow some shorts so I can head home?"

"Oh yes yes, I am not sure if anything would fit you but let me see if I have something" I said.