Chapter Twenty-Two

Kate was asleep in the passenger side as Kaya headed down the long road to Texas City, Texas.

Kaya's phone started ringing and woke up Kate, so she picked it up, seeing that it was their Dad, Charlie.

"Dad?" Kaya asked.

"Kaya, where are you?" Charlie asked, urgently.

"On my way to Texas- Dad, what's going on?" Kaya asked him, worriedly.

"Where in Texas?" He asked her.

"Uh, Texas City. Why?" Kaya asked him.

Kate was watching Kaya intently, trying to listen in.

"I'll meet you there." He said.

"Dad, hold on a second, what's-" Kaya was cut off when she heard the call end. Kaya looked at her phone, angrily, before she rolled down her window and threw the phone out.

"Kaya?" Kate asked her, concerned.

"I'm fine," Kaya said. "Grab my extra phone, Kate." Kate sighed and grabbed it out of the glovebox before handing it to her. She quickly dialed Dean's number.

"Hello?" Dean asked.

"Pull over." Kaya said.

"What? Why?" Dean asked her, confused.

"I'll explain once you pull over." Kaya said and he sighed. She saw him pulling to the side of the road so she did the same after hanging up.

Kaya and Kate got out of the car and walked over to them.

"So, what's going on?" Dean asked.

"My Dad. He's meeting us in Texas City." Kaya said.

"Okay? And?" Dean asked her.

"He sounded pissed which means that he heard about what Kate and I have gotten ourselves into. So just be prepared. He's gonna be pissed at you guys too." Kaya explained to him.

"Wait, why would he be mad at us?" Sam asked her.

"Because he'll blame you guys for getting us into this mess when he was trying his best to keep us out of it.. but we're all known now by all of the demons, and we just let out an entire army, not two days ago. So yeah, we're in a nice big pile of shit right now until we can clean it up." Kaya explained and both the boys exchanged a glance with a sigh.

"That all?" Dean asked and Kaya nodded. "Then let's get back on the road." Kaya nodded to him before her and Kate got back in the car.

~*~

They arrived at a motel and got out to get a couple of rooms.

"So, since I'm dating Dean and you're dating Sam, I'm assuming you two are getting a room together." Kaya said as she walked with Kate.

"You assumed correctly," Kate smiled. "So, things okay between you and Dean?"

"Yeah. It's just.. yesterday, well, you know what happened. He talked to Sam about what he did.. selling his soul and everything. Kate, he's gonna die in a year. He's having a hard time but he just won't admit it." Kaya sighed sadly.

"Kaya, he won't die. He'll be okay." Kate tried to reassure her.

"I don't think he will, Katie." Kaya said, looking down at her feet as she walked.

After Kaya got her and Dean a room, she walked with him to it, and he was silent the whole time.

Kaya opened the door and walked in with him.

"You can take the other bed if you want." Dean said.

"Why would I want to take the other bed?" Kaya asked him, confused.

"Look, Kaya, we both know I'm a dead man. This, between us, it's not gonna work, okay?" Dean asked her, harshly.

"Dean, are you kidding me right now? I already knew you were going to be dead a year from now and that's why I'm with you, because I want to spend every moment I have left with you. No, this isn't easy to know that every day is getting closer to your death but you know what, that won't stop me. Nothing will. Okay? So don't think for one second that I'm gonna just leave you. I'm not like that," Kaya told him, sternly. "Now. You got something else on your mind you wanna talk about?"

Dean looked down, fear in his eyes.

"I'm scared, Kaya. I.. I am scared out of my mind. All I can think of, all I can see when I close my eyes, just for a second, is me dying by those damn hellhounds.. and then leaving you, and Sam, and Kate behind when you were counting on me." Dean said, tears in his eyes. Kaya went up to him and hugged him.

"Stop thinking like that then. We'll be okay. Your brother will be okay too. I promise. We'll all take care of each other, okay?" Kaya asked him and he nodded, hugging her tightly.

"Wanna sleep with me?" Dean asked her and she nodded.

"Of course." She replied.

Kaya crawled into bed with Dean after changing into her pajamas then he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. She smiled into his chest and sighed before falling asleep.