Chapter Three

Kaya put on her suit and tie, ready to head out for questioning at a couple of houses when she saw that Kate wasn't even remotely ready to go anywhere.

"Kate, I gave you an hour. An hour! To get ready!" Kaya said, frustratedly.

"I know, Kai! Shut up! I'll go get ready now." Kate said.

"Good. You look like frickin Frankenstein. If I didn't know you, I'd think that you were the monster taking people." Kaya chuckled and Kate flipped her off before going into the bathroom.

Kaya sighed and stepped outside and when she looked over, Dean had also stepped outside. She noticed he was wearing a suit and tie.

"Let me guess: Sam didn't wake up on time?" Kaya asked him. Dean smiled a little.

"Yeah. Exactly. Same thing happen to you?" Dean asked and Kaya nodded.

"Hey.. wanna ditch'em?" Kaya smirked.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's take my car." Dean said.

Kaya left her keys on the table in the motel room with a note that read, 'Left with Dean to question the victims families since you took too damn long to get done in the shower, so here's my keys.'

Kaya walked to Dean's car and hopped in.

"Ready, Princess? Sorry, I meant Kaya." Dean said and looked down sadly.

"No, you don't need to apologize. I'm sorry for the way I acted toward you last night. Can we just forget about it and go on with our hunt?" Kaya asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah." Dean smiled.

~*~

Dean and Kaya stood outside the door and knocked. A woman answered with her baby on her hip.

"Hi, are you Mrs. Linda Hopkins?" Kaya asked and she nodded.

"Y-Yes. Can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm Agent Jessica Jones and this is my partner, Agent Finnegan. We just needed to ask you a few questions." Kaya said as they both flashed their badges at her.

"But the police, they already questioned me." Linda said, confused.

"Right, but we're just following up on that. May we come in?" Kaya asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah. Of course." Linda said and opened her door more so they could step inside.

~*~

"So, could you tell us what exactly happened with your husband again?" Dean asked her.

"Well I mean.. earlier that day, he was acting completely normal but when he came home later that night, I knew something was off. He was acting.. strange. I don't know how else to explain it. He just wasn't himself." Linda explained, tears coming to her eyes.

Kaya and Dean exchanged a glance. "What else happened?" Kaya asked her.

"I was in the kitchen making sandwiches when he came at me with a knife. I was able to kick him away and I grabbed what I had on the counter which was a butter knife, and I cut him with it. And after that..." Linda sighed and looked down, unsure.

"What happened next? You can tell us." Kaya said.

"You won't believe me but.. when I cut him with the knife, it was like his skin was burning from the touch of it. I was able to call the police after that but he had already run away." Linda explained.

Kaya looked to Dean then back to her. "Okay. Thank you for your time. Is there anything else before we go?" Kaya asked her. She shook her head.

Kaya and Dean got up and left. They walked outside and exchanged a glance.

"So we know it's definitely a shapeshifter now." Kaya said.

"Yeah, but now we gotta figure out where it is and what it's planning to do next." Dean sighed.