Up All Night

The next day, Jacob was downstairs making waffles. I ran downstairs and jumped on his back, "Hey cutie!" I shouted joyfully. "Hey pretty lady, how'd you like last night?" I hopped down and wrapped my arms around him, "I loved it" I went and sat at the table, waiting on my mom and Bryan to come down. "Morning babies!" 

"Morning!" she came down and kissed us both on the cheek. "I'm going grocery shopping with Jacob's mom so you'll both have a lot to eat while we're gone next week"

"And I eat a lot" Jacob looked at me, and smirked. I finally caught on and laughed, "I bet you do"

She left us and he placed my waffles in front of me, "Jay, I have a question" It's been way too long, and I felt that it's time to tell it to each other, but I don't want to be the first, because Jacob really doesn't look like the type to say it. "Go ahead"

"As many relationships that's you've been in have you ever told them that you love them and really meant it?" I thought about that day when he started off that sentence like, 'I'm telling you this because I love you'. Because I mean, with Jacob that could have been his way of telling me.

"No" he answered in a stiff tone, "Why not?" I asked. He laughed to himself, "You ask a lot of questions" 

"Answer me"

"If I don't think a girl special enough, I won't tell them at all. That's how it went with those other girls" He shrugged.

"Hm, nice to know" Well that crushed my spirit. And he answered it so calm and stiff. Now I guess for the rest of our relationship, I'll have to deal with thinking or even knowing I'm not good enough. I lost my appetite, "I'm going to go take shower" I got up and kissed his forehead so he wouldn't think that he hurt my feelings, which he did.

After I got out the shower, I saw Jacob dozing off on the sheets that I washed last night. At least he made my bed for me. I pulled the sheet over his body and closed my curtains so it wouldn't be so bright while he sleeps. I kissed his forehead and went downstairs to watch TV. After watching a few episodes of Spongebob, and tweeting, I decided to take a nap.

I woke up in Bryan's bed. I looked behind me and he was flipping channels. I smiled because he reminded me of Jacob. He was in the same position and everything. I got up and went to my room and got under my sheets with Jacob. I wrapped one of my arms around him and felt him clutch unto my hand. I kissed his back and went back to sleep. 

A couple hours later, I woke up with my arms wrapped around the stuffed Simba that he bought me. I peeped downstairs and found Jacob in the kitchen, texting. "You ready to go?" He asked, not even looking up from his phone. "You can go like that, we're just riding out to another city. I know a place where they still do drive through movies" 

"Really, you're taking me to a drive through movie theatre?! I've always wanted to go, but I never said anything"

"You know I can take you anywhere, give you anything and I could give you any amount of money you ask for without even hesitating"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really"

"Give me Nine hundred dollars then"

"Okay" He got his keys and pulled me behind him, "It's in my room though"

When we made it to his house we went upstairs and I sat on his bed and he pulled out a shoe box, "How much did you say you wanted?"

I gave him a suspicious look "Nine hundred" He opened the box and there were nothing but Hundreds, Fifties, Twenties, Tens, and Fives. No Ones. He pulled it all out and started to count it. "I'm one hundred short. Are two Fifties okay?"