Home for Christmas (Lafayette x You)

Hey guys! Lately, There's been things going on in my school life so I decided to chill out and post some stuff lol. Hope you enjoy! 

                                        THIS WAS NOT MADE BY ME, I GOT IT OFF TUMBLR!

"I don't think I'll be home for Christmas."

You heard Lafayette's voice come through the phone, defeated. Your boyfriend, Lafayette, had been overseas in France working on a project to better the economy for the past few weeks and to be honest, you hated it. You hated that the calls you two made were at the crack of dawn and short, you hated that you couldn't be with him and love him in person, and most of all you hated how you missed him so goddamn much.

"Wait, what? Are you sure?" You said back, trying to keep your voice from breaking. The news was heartbreaking, to say the least. You felt a tear fall down your face as he reassured you that he was trying his hardest to come home, but flights were insanely hard to get to America during the holiday season.

"Mon amour, I'm sorry. If I can't make it back, just know how much I love you and miss you," he said, soothingly, but it wasn't working. If he wasn't going to be home in time for Christmas, when would he be home? Did he even know himself?

"When do you think you'll be back?" You said, eager for his response. He took longer than you wanted to answer, but he finally said,

"Maybe early Janvier (January), but I'm not sure..." He said with a heavy sign. You frowned and shook your head, wondering why you even had hope in the first place.

"Darling Y/N, I need to go, it's getting late." He said sadly and you nodded, wiping the tear from your eye and sniffling a bit

"Yeah, ok." You said, savouring the remaining time you had to talk with him.

"Mon amour, please don't cry...I'll be home as soon as possible."

"I know, it'll be ok. Get some rest, Laf. I love you." You said into the phone quietly, hearing him sigh.

"Je t'aime aussi" And with that, you hung up. You sat down on the sofa in the decorated living room. The tree was decorated and lit, garlands littered the mantle of the fireplace, but it didn't feel right without Laf. It felt bare and it lacked joy.

The days went on without him, Christmas Eve approached quicker than you'd like, but you didn't complain much. The only thing wrong was he was in France and you were in America. Presents were packed under the tree as you sipped hot cocoa, watching a random Hallmark Christmas special that you barely paid attention too.

Watching Hallmark movies were one of your favourite things to do with Lafayette. He never failed to make you laugh when he criticised them, pointing out their overly animated actors and predictable plots. It was hilarious, but not tonight. Because you were left here alone.

DING DONG

You looked up from the TV screen and at the front door. You turned on your phone screen, 2:03 AM. Why was someone at your door at two am? Whatever it was, you weren't doing anything right now, why not go answer it? Murderers, robbers, an EX that's thirsty for revenge, those were good reasons not to answer it.

DING DONG

You groaned and got off the couch, setting your cocoa down and walking to the door. Who cares if it's a murderer? You have insurance if someone robs you, and you couldn't care less if it's an EX because that can be solved with a quick dial of 911.

You unlocked the door and opened it enough for you to see who was there.

"LAFAYETTE!" You screamed as you tackled him in a hug. He was so tall it was hard to reach, but you pressed your lips to his quickly and happily. He let out a noise of surprise and held you close to his chest, leaning down a bit to kiss you back.

"Mon amour! I missed you so much," He said, enveloping you in a warm hug. He smelled like lavender and chocolate as he pecked your cheek, holding your hands in his.

You two walked back inside, hand in hand and grinning from ear to ear. He set his bags down as you made him a hot cocoa, filled with joy that he was home. As you poured the milk in the cup, you felt two arms wrap around your waist and a head rest on your shoulder.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yes, Laf?"

"Merry Christmas, mon chéri"