Thomas Jefferson x Reader -Fluff-

THIS IMAGINE WASN'T MADE BY ME, I GOT IT OFF TUMBLR: https://hamilton-canyouimagine.tumblr.com/post/153322704399/if-thats-love-jefferson-x-reader

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸

You and one of your closest friends, Eliza, are walking down the busy New York streets, as you basically become her counselor.

"But, I love him so much, (Y/N)," she protests.

You roll your eyes. "I know, but he cheated on you for two fucking years. You deserve better than that."

"But-"

"No, 'but's. You need to drop him from your life. He's not worth this kind of pain."

"Maybe you'd understand if you were in love," she mumbles.

You scoff. "I don't have time to bother myself with such superficial matters."

She laughs. "You sound exactly like Thomas Jefferson."

You gasp and put a hand over your heart in mock offense. "I can't believe you would compare me to such an arrogant-oof!" You run into what you assume is a wall. That is until it makes a sound. You look up slowly. "Fuck," you mutter, as you see who you've run into.

Thomas just a smile. "You should never be compared to such a person. If you don't mind my asking, who was Ms.Schuyler comparing you to."

You pray that you aren't blushing as much as you feel like you are. "Actually, she was comparing me to you." Out of all the people you could have run into or all the times you could have run into, it had to be Thomas, it had to be now.

He looks shocked. "I doubt you would have that opinion if you actually knew me, instead of relying on what Hamilton has said."

You just stare at him, certain that your blush has grown.

"Let me take you to dinner tomorrow, miss..."

"(Y/N)," you offer.

"Well then, Miss (Y/N), would you be willing to let me take you to dinner?"

You just nod. He pulls a pen out of his magenta jacket and asks you write your number down. As soon as he leaves, you turn back to Eliza, who looks incredibly smug.

"What?" you ask cautiously.

"You and Jefferson?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Relax, it's nothing."

"You, Jefferson, dinner? You know that no woman can resist him."

"You seem to be doing a good job 'resisting him'."

"You've heard how Alex talks about him."

"You should still leave him," you mutter in an attempt to change the subject.

She gives up the topic of your date with Thomas and spends the rest of the walk to your apartment building telling you some bullshit about love. You continue to tell her that he doesn't love her if he's willing to cheat.

She walks you to your door before saying, "I'm sure you'll learn all about love tomorrow night."

You slam the door and yell, "I don't have a thing for him! I'm just going for the free food!"

Even if you told Eliza that you didn't have a thing for Thomas, you couldn't help but smile when you saw that he had texted you. He told you that he would pick you up and to dress nicely. Since this was coming from a man who cared more about fashion than anyone you had met, you took that to mean a nice dress and heels, considering he was almost a full foot taller than you.

~~~

Work the next day really takes its toll on you. You are working as a barista until you can find something to do with your psychology degree. When you get back to your apartment, you only have a few hours to get ready. You sigh and change into a black dress that reaches your mid-thigh with a pair of black heels and a red leather jacket, which is the same color as your lips. You are putting the finishing touches to your eyeshadow when you hear someone knock on the door. You quickly open the door and are greeted with a casually (for him) dressed Thomas. You both just stare at each other. It was strange to see him in jeans, and although you would never tell Eliza, they were doing wonders for him.

He finally composes himself. "Shall we?"

You nod, not trusting your voice. He leads you to his car and opens the door for you before getting into the driver's side. Throughout the ride to the restaurant, the two of you don't stop talking. He's much more charming than Alexander described him. You finally get back to your apartment, and he, being a gentleman, walks you to your door. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

You smile. "Very much."

"Then, would you mind if we did this again next week?"

"I would love that."

The two of you stare at each other in silence.

He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "I should probably get going."

You nod. "Oh, yeah."

Neither of you makes any effort to move.

"Before I go, though," he starts. "May- may I kiss you?"

Instead of verbally answering, you rise up to kiss him. He wraps an arm around your waist, while you wrap yours around his neck, deepening the kiss. When you finally pull away, you stare into each other's eyes.

The two of you eventually tear away from each other. Once you get into your apartment, you pull out your phone and text Eliza.

I think I'm starting to understand all that love talk

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸

Ok, i thought this was kinda cute don't judge me (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

~Im into emoticons now but If you enjoyed vote and comment if you wanna request :')

Ok I luv each and every one of you and im about to eat my McDonalds so biee ☜(˚▽˚)☞