Chapter 35

*Mature Content Warning*

Harry’s POV

“Can I leave now?” I groaned as I slumped back in my chair. I swear every conference we have is the same; but for some reason, I seem to be the only person in this damn room to notice.

“Relax, Harry, we’re almost done.” Simon wasn’t too fond of my nagging, but I don’t want to be here. I want to be with Vanessa.

Things have gotten better this week. She’s not as distant and her confidence has gone up just a bit. Not that she has anything to be insecure about, but apparently I still haven’t made it clear to her how beautiful she is.

I know she doesn’t believe that I wanted her that night, but I did. Way more than she could imagine, and I guess I understand why she thought wrongly of my actions. What I did was unexpected from her, and it was during the wrong time, and I wasn’t thinking straight.

I was stupid to not love her because her bruise brought flashes of Nick’s fucked face in my head. But I wasn’t lying when I said seeing the bruise made me feel too guilty to give her all I had.

Anyways, she forced me to attend this meeting. She even came with me. She chose to sit outside rather than in here. She didn’t want to be a distraction. But I have no idea what makes her think being outside from this room won’t distract me. Now I’m just worried Nick may show up (or anyone for that matter) and fuck around with her while I’m stuck in here.

“So if you need to book any off days, do it now so we won’t schedule any group outings during that time.” Simon suggested.

“I believe a month or so from now I’m visiting my sister,” Niall said. “I don’t have a specific date but just yet but it’ll be for about a week.”

Simon wrote it down on his notepad.

“Van and I are going to see family next week.” I muttered, pulling out my phone. I sent her a quick text. -  - Should be getting out of here soon. Don’t wonder around. Xx Harry

“You’re lucky you have nothing booked next week. Please, try to tell us things like this sooner, just in case.”

I shrugged as Simons lecture.

“So is this it?” I asked. The rest of the boys shrugged and looked over at Simon.

“I guess so, lads, get out of here.”

I was first out of my chair. I slipped my phone into my back pocket as I tried to get out of the room before anyone (specifically Simon) could hold me back for a conversation. But we all know my luck.

“Oi! Harry,” Niall called out. Hastily, I turned around- an annoyed expression on my face-along with a fake smile.

Yes, Niall.”

“C’mon grumpy pants, I just need to ask you something.”

I waited for him to continue.

“Christina has been trying to get a hold of Vanessa for the past few days with no luck, has this got something to do with you?”

I laughed. “Obviously,”

I remember turning off Vanessa’s phone and deleting her text messages. The last thing I need is Christina trying to convince Vanessa that I’m a terrible person after what has been happening. Also, I just don’t like her. So I may have also cleared Vanessa’s call history so she wouldn’t notice that either.

Niall rolled his eyes. “Anyways, the lads and I are going out and Christina wanted you and Vanessa to come with us. It’s been a while, we miss you! Gotta stop holding Vanessa hostage.”