Chapter 21

Vanessa’s POV

“I’m only going to the store across the street.” I said crossing my arms over my chest. “I won’t be gone longer than 30 minutes. I just need to pick some stuff up.”

“No.” Harry said. “Just sit down, I’ll get it.”

I looked at Harry with a frown. No matter how much I beg or try to convince, he just won’t let me out. It’s like I’m stuck here until he feels comfortable with me leaving.

It’s been a week since Harry and I have spoken of the incident. July is nearly coming to an end and today is one of those rare nice days in London. It’s not rainy, foggy or cloudy. The sun is out and everything just looks happy. The weather outside has shed its mood on me. I feel happier today. I want to get out of the house and grab some fresh air. Maybe even stop by at Christina’s place, but I already know that won’t happen.

Ever since he and I have spoken about Nick, I haven’t been granted access to anything outside of this house. I know Harry is worried that something might happen and he wants to take care of me. I know he wants to make up for his (as he likes to say) lack of responsibility over me, but he just won’t listen when I say he did nothing wrong. His protectiveness has grown through the roof! It’s almost insane.

I’m sure I don’t seem afraid anymore but I’m very much so. I just refuse to live scared. In all honesty, I lucked out. What happened to me is nothing compared to what has happened to other people in the world. That thought is what is forcing me to try and leave my comfort zone. Although being without Harry isn’t exactly what I want, I feel the need for some kind of space. I very much appreciate his efforts but I’m suffocating. I need a change of scenery and definitely some air.

 “But I don’t want to stay home.” I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

He groaned in response as he got up and off the sofa. He revealed his beige shorts that slung low on his waist and ended beneath his knee. He had a thin white V-neck covering his chest, his tattoos were in full view and I couldn’t help but take my time examining him. But I forced a grumpy look on my face as he walked in y direction

“Fine, what do you need?” He walked right past me and towards the shoe rack next to the door. He slipped on a pair of kicks as he waited for my response.

“I think I can pick it up myself.

“You’re not going out.”

It frustrated me that he keeps me here all day. I feel like child when he talks to me like this. I hate it, in all honesty. But for some reason I can’t find it in me to just walk out of the house without his permission. I guess it’s because I know Harry means well with all this. He doesn’t know exactly how to cope with what happened to me. I know it hurt him to find out that the one time he let me do something he normally wouldn’t do, had backfired into one of his worst’s fears.

 “Just tell me what you need, Vanessa.”

“I need out of this house.”

My hand reached for knob of the front door, the second I stepped outside the smell of fresh air made me feel free. I stood on the front porch for a short period of time until I was greeted by a panicked Harry.

He locked the door and soon we started to walk. We walked in silence at first, it wasn’t uncomfortable or anything, but suddenly Harry grabbed onto my arm and stopped me in my tracks.

“You’re not properly dressed.” His eyes scanned my body. “What are you thinking?”

I pulled my arm away from his grip. “Harry!” I yelled offended. I pushed him slightly before turning around and continuing to walk. He could be such an ass at times. I know he’s scared for me but he doesn’t have to talk like that to me. I’m not five years old.