Chapter 12

*read a/n at the end :)*

Harry’s POV

“Harry let go of me!” She yelled, and it probably wasn’t the first time either. I know that I blocked out whatever the hell she said for the past few minutes. All I was concentrating on was getting her away from that man...not only her, but myself as well because if I stayed there any longer who knows what I would have done to him.

 We were outside the mall by now, the cool air relaxed me slightly but not enough for me to be calm. I released her from my grip but continued to walk away from her. I need to cool off because if I don’t I’ll lose her and I refuse to let that happen.

Its okay to get mad, Harry. Just yell at her, knock some sense into her mind. Who does she think she is to touch another man right in front of you?

It was this voice in my head that has been bothering me. It keeps telling me to do all the things I would normally do. I won’t lie; it’s much harder than it seems to change. To suddenly change old habits for new ones is a lot more difficult than I ever expected.

I know this is my last chance with Vanessa and I can’t screw it up. I managed us to have a decent day. Vanessa was smiling all day, holding my hand and walking proudly with me. I was happy too. I was enjoying the fact that we were both happy, the little voice in my head didn’t bother me once and I even managed to put high heels on for her. The old me wouldn’t do that, I’d be too ashamed. Today I felt like I had to show her I was a good guy, she needed to know that I’m still that funny, playful guy that she fell in love with from the start.

But then it turned around.

Seeing that a man was handling the women’s change room concerned me slightly. I automatically thought of the many things he could have done if I wasn’t there.

If Vanessa came by herself at this time when the store was practically empty, he could have walked right into her change room and he could have done anything to her. He could have touched her, kissed her and even raped her and he could have gotten away with it. I know it. The way she asked him to lift his sleeve up and the way she felt his arms would have been inviting for him. He would have taken advantage of her.

The thought of any of the above happening didn’t help my current situation. It only made me angrier.

I continued to ignore Vanessa pleads to slow down until I turned a corner and walked right into an empty ally way. I was about 10 steps away from her so she hasn’t reached where I was yet.

“Fucking bastard,” I muttered to myself as I kicked the wall. I continued to curse towards the man at the store even though he was nowhere near. I found myself kicking the wall and punching it, letting out my anger because I didn’t want to let it out on Vanessa like I usually would.

“Harry!” I heard a womanly voice say, she sounded shocked and scared and when I felt her hand touch my shoulder I snapped back.

“Don’t touch me.”

She stepped back; her bottom lip was trapped between her teeth.

I hate that I’m capable of scaring her, especially when that’s the last thing I ever want to do, but it’s times like this where it gets hard for me to do anything but that.

“Y-You need to stop hitting the wall.” She stuttered quietly.

“Or what?” I snapped, yet again. I turned around to face her fully. I took a step towards her and she took two steps back.

“I don’t want you hurting yourself.” She whispered, looking at the ground.

“Want to know what’s hurting me?” I asked. My arms crossed around my chest and she continued to look anywhere but at me.