Chapter 40

Vanessa’s POV

I woke up to an empty bed. I remember waking up earlier when Harry did. The sun was just beginning to rise when he got out of bed. Before I could ask him where he was going I dozed off back to sleep.

My stomach fluttered at the thought of last night’s events. Although we didn’t go all the way, what we did was something we haven’t done in a long time.

It really did feel like the first time. I swear I was a nervous wreck. I probably wasn’t very good at pleasuring Harry either, but in the moment I didn’t care. It was just the fact that we were together and happy and in a much better place than before was all that mattered.

The clock on the wall tells me its 9:30 in the morning. By now, Anne is most definitely at work. I grabbed Harry’s shirt from last night and tugged it over my body.

I know that yesterday he was upset for most of the day, including the few days before we got here, but I feel like pushing it all aside and just forgetting about it. At the same time, I want to discuss our issues so we don’t use them against each other in the future like we used to do.

I made my way downstairs, I felt nervous for some reason. I found myself combing my hair with my fingers quickly before I made it to the bottom step.

The kitchen was empty. Anne had left a cute little sticky note on the fridge letting us know she would be home around 4 in the afternoon. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge as I walked into the living room.

The TV was on playing a song I never heard before. Harry was facing the TV, his left foot resting on the tip of his right knee. He leant back on the couch, watching aimlessly.

“Good morning,” I smiled as I took a seat next to him, but in an instant he grabbed my waist, readjusted his seating and placed me on his lap.

“Good morning, baby,” He kissed my cheek quickly. He placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing me gently. “Did you sleep well?”

I nodded.

“What’s the plan for today?” I asked. I placed my hand on top of his, lacing out fingers together.

“I was thinking we could spend the day together,” He said.

I giggled. “Obviously,”

“I thought we could start off by showering together, head out for breakfast and maybe taking you shopping.”

I blushed, a laugh escaping my lips.

“I like the shopping part,”

“I prefer the bathing part.” Harry’s hands squeezed at my sides making me giggle. I love his playful side. It’s almost refreshing to see him to be in a happier mood.

“Of course you do.”

“I plan on having as much fun with you today before my mum gets home.” He stated. “I like having you all to myself.”

I rolled my eyes but smiled at his words. I stood up, off his lap, and grabbed a hold of his hand; attempting to pull him off the couch.

“What’re you doing?” He asked

“Well, are we going to shower or not?”

~

“Take it off,” Harry nagged, trying to tug my towel off my body, but I was too quick for him. Each time he tried to grab a piece of the fabric and tear it off, I dodged him.

I held the towel tight, a large smile formed on my lips as I watched him pout. 

“What if your mum walks in?” I asked. He chuckled.