Chapter 24

Harry’s POV

“Just when I thought things were finally starting to be okay with us, you fuck it up, like always, Harry!” She yelled as I followed her into the house.

When I picked her up, she left the convenience store with zero items and a very, extremely pissed off expression. She didn’t say a word to me until we were about a minute away from home. I asked questions in the car but I got no response.

But then she exploded. But I have yet to figure out why.

She kicked off her shoes and stormed into the kitchen.

“What are you talking about, Vanessa? Honestly, I’m getting fucking tired of you always getting mad at me for no apparent reason! Can’t you see I’m trying here?”

When I stepped into the kitchen, her back was to me. She was breathing heavily as she ran her hands through her hair.

 “All day today, all fucking day, I’ve been thinking about you, hoping that you’re alright and safe and when I finally see you, you act as though I’ve been a shitty boyfriend to you! If anything it’s the opposite. It’s like you’ve been blind to how much I fucking care about you!”

She remained silent, but I was too raved to stop myself.

It infuriates me when she gets like this. It’s like at the end of the day, she shuts me down. She blocks me and all I do to try and fix us gets thrown out the window. It’s almost as though everything I do is a waste of time when in reality, all I’m doing is trying to keep her safe.

“Do you know how worried I am for you? I’m worried sick to be exact. It’s like ever since my one mistake that caused all this crap between us happened, you refuse to fully let me back in. I focus on you, Vanessa, 24/7 , I can’t fucking sleep at night unless I know you’re okay and safe and in return, what do I get, some fucking excuse to start more drama between us!”

She still wasn’t facing me, nor talking. She didn’t stop me from yelling or make some kind of comment, so I kept going. I couldn’t help it.

“You’re the only girl I’ve ever truly loved, you know that? The fact that things have been so fucked up lately really puts a toll on me and my career, but at the end of the day, who still cares about you? Who is still supportive of you and encouraging?  Well if you don’t know the answer, which wouldn’t be a damn surprise, it’s me. For Christ’s sake, Vanessa can’t you understand that I fucking love you?”

When I finally stopped talking, I waited for her to say something. I feel tense and angry. As I awaited a response, I heard a small noise.

And when I heard it for a second time, it was when I realised that she was crying.

Suddenly I felt guilty, and like a total asshole. Yet again, I crossed the line with her. I said too much without thinking about how she may feel. No matter how angry she gets with makes sure to never say something that she knows will affect me.

I guess when I spoke to harshly about the way recognizes my actions for her, I must have offended her. I guess I might have exaggerated when I spoke, but I never meant to make her cry. I hate making her cry.

Asshole, look what you’ve done again. Like usual, you fuck things up. Just like Vanessa said.

My conscience was right, and I hate that it is.

“I-I’m sorry, Vanessa. Fuck-I didn’t mean it.”

“Don’t-“She snapped, the moment my hand touched her shoulder she shrugged it off and took a step to the side. Her back was still to me.